a "New" way to be "FOUND" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: a "New" way to be "FOUND"

Edl

Couldn't this EDL chip issue simply be fixed with a minor blow from a brass smithy hammer?

Sure, if you can reliably locate the operative component of the RFID in the document, and don't mind risking the 25 year sentence for tampering. A Percussive Impact Device (hammer) is likely to leave some kind of signature of tampering on the surface of the paper where it was used to cause physical damage to the RFID. The damage of an EMP is all microscopic and internal. Extremely difficult to impossible to prove tampering in that mode.

So sorry. Too bad. Just a spike in normal failure rates in the RFID chips. Nothing can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    we don't have that at my store. yet. but at the stoe i worked at previously, one of the sales people had heard about this and being able to use it to mainipulate customers buying habits. that beans me off, but the wife and i circled the wagons about 3 yrs ago and we went to work for them because it is less than 10 minutes from the house. there were other reasons as well. but i sense the bad guys are trying to tighten the noose.
    A Majority of WalMarts, Target and several other major chains have "Bluetooth Sensors" throughout the stores. They conencide with the store camera system and track the GPS system on your cell phone, even when not being used. They can track where the majority of customers go in the store and the items they are drawn to. This allows them to adjust where they put displays for "impulse buying". Further, they have a computer program that detects if you are a man or woman or younger or older customer on the cameras, that bends with the bloothtooth count and shows them who is attracted to what products and areas. It is a marketing tool, but I'm sure could easily be used for ill gotten uses. The only way to avoid it is to turn off your bluetooth on your phone and /or the GPS tracker that can be used to track your phone when you dial 911. Most phones can have the feature turned off until you dial 911.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    Further, they have a computer program that detects if you are a man or woman ...
    How powerful are those security cameras? They can see through my clothing? j/k

I know, they log where in the store you go, are you looking at women's items or men's items. Still, hadda make a crack. Although, I can see this being fooled. I go to the men's wear area to buy my boyfriend a fresh pack of tighty-whities and suddenly I get put in the men's file.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thoudand times, but I'll say it a thousand and one. The only way I would ever have a cell phone on my person is if it's required by my employer, and then it would only have the battery plugged into it while I was being paid by them, and even at such a time as the phone was on (which is not the same as operating, it's always on while it's got a battery with sufficient charge plugged into it), the only function of it which will be enabled is the bare minimum of the telephone functionality.

No bluetooth for high jacking it and pushing ads to the screen. No GPS to track me to within a meter of accuracy. No texting feature, you need to talk to me, talk, or leave a voice mail message. No camera, I have a camera for camera functionality. No music player, I have a music player for music player functionality. No gaming platform, I'm the Asteroids champ on USA Carry, that should tell you something about how much I need to play games.

I come on duty, the battery goes in. I come off duty, the battery comes out. I don't need it on my person, it stays at home or better yet, at work.

And I will certainly be zapping RFID chips with EMP/ESD unapologeticly.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

5 seconds in the microwave will deep six just about any RFID chip without leaving any visible signs

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    How powerful are those security cameras? They can see through my clothing? j/k

I know, they log where in the store you go, are you looking at women's items or men's items. Still, hadda make a crack. Although, I can see this being fooled. I go to the men's wear area to buy my boyfriend a fresh pack of tighty-whities and suddenly I get put in the men's file.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thoudand times, but I'll say it a thousand and one. The only way I would ever have a cell phone on my person is if it's required by my employer, and then it would only have the battery plugged into it while I was being paid by them, and even at such a time as the phone was on (which is not the same as operating, it's always on while it's got a battery with sufficient charge plugged into it), the only function of it which will be enabled is the bare minimum of the telephone functionality.

No bluetooth for high jacking it and pushing ads to the screen. No GPS to track me to within a meter of accuracy. No texting feature, you need to talk to me, talk, or leave a voice mail message. No camera, I have a camera for camera functionality. No music player, I have a music player for music player functionality. No gaming platform, I'm the Asteroids champ on USA Carry, that should tell you something about how much I need to play games.

I come on duty, the battery goes in. I come off duty, the battery comes out. I don't need it on my person, it stays at home or better yet, at work.

And I will certainly be zapping RFID chips with EMP/ESD unapologeticly.
    The way it was explained to me is that the when you are picked up on camera, a program "measures" you for height, girth, and hairtype. It also checks for "protusions" from the chest area. It's not 100% but very close, and gives them a general count, though not precise. I believe there are similar types of programs that detect the same type of characteristics in airports and other locations where they look for suspicious individuals. As for the Bluetooth and GPS, a tech buddy explained that on my Moto Razr, if I turned the GPS off, the only way they could tell where I was is if I dialed 911. They would have to jump through extra hoops even to track me while I talk, except to see what tower zone I was in. If you turn it off completely it transmits and recieves nothing. Unless there is some kind of sneaky program that tracks non powered phones, that I'm not aware of.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

it's already in the passports

the whole concept is in ignorant in itself...if you're going to a rally or A questionable meeting than why the HELL wouldn't you just leave your licence at home???? There are so many ways around such a ridiculous idea of a radio chip...I can't belive anyone actually buys this bull....I have a bridge for sale if anyone wants to buy one...

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    the whole concept is in ignorant in itself...if you're going to a rally or A questionable meeting than why the HELL wouldn't you just leave your licence at home???? There are so many ways around such a ridiculous idea of a radio chip...I can't belive anyone actually buys this bull....I have a bridge for sale if anyone wants to buy one...
    Once those behind this idea get us "comfortable" with the RFID in our licenses, they'll push to have them inserted in our bodies (Prince Charles & family already have the inplants). Voila, RFID chips we can't leave at home, and only a few of us would hit with a hammer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast