survival skill challenge question#3

Thread: survival skill challenge question#3

Exclamation survival skill challenge question#3

Name all the different ways of getting drinkable water without some fancy filter.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

wolfhunter Guest
    Collecting dewfall/rain, various plants (specific to each area), and boiling.

If you are stranded without access to water, you can drink your urine, but only for two circulations through your body.
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.
    Ted Nugent

Cool Dig a hole

Dig a hole and place a container in the center of the hole. Cover the hole with a large piece of plastic such as a trash bag and anchor the edges with dirt or rocks. Place a rock in the center of the plastic over the container. collect condesation from ground soil wate. enjoy!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Filter water through a clean rag to remove trash and excess dirt then boil it. Chlorine or potassium iodine tablets.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I casually posed a similar question to one of my Earth Science classes (7th grade--average 13 years old) and one of the first responses was: "I'd steal it from my neighbors or go to the store and steal it." The suggestion was well received by the others.

Yes, folks, we're in for some interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Name all the different ways of getting drinkable water without some fancy filter.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

That's why my SHTF pack contains one of them fancy filters (MSW Mini-works).

i am a barbarian i guess....

kill the enemy and take his weapons, rations WATER radio and web gear. after all, he/she won't need it where they're going.
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    kill the enemy and take his weapons, rations WATER radio and web gear. after all, he/she won't need it where they're going.
    What if he is out of water too?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7