WORKOUT OF THE DAY 2009 pt.2!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WORKOUT OF THE DAY 2009 pt.2!

WORKOUT OF THE DAY 2009 pt.2!

i could not find the original thread so here we go. GET OFF YOUR BEHINDS AND GET SOME P.T. IN!! i will catch this up a little bit.
    LAST WEEK:
    deck of cards
    isometrics
    THIS WEEK:
    L.A.P.D. ACADEMY WORKOUT- going to use this for the forseeable future.
    COMBATIVES-ARMED AND UNARMED.

C'MON YOU GUYS!!! LET'S BE CONSISTENT. BE ACCOUNTABLE. YOUR FAMILY, INDEED, YOUR COUNTRY IS DEPENDING ON YOU!! READ MY SIGNATURE LINE. THINK ABOUT IT THEN RESPOND ACCORDINGLY. HOOAH!!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Boris... love the tag line!!! Good incentive too!

4. Train everyday

Excellent - not only must CCW holders be responsible citizens they must look like ones as well. It is another way to retain credibility in the face of all these senseless shootings. Things is, all these crazies, if they didn't have a gun would have used poison, a knife, car, bomb, etc. to do same amount of damage. We have to show and convince the gun ban folks that in these cases an armed citizen may have been able to stop the carnage.

Keep yourself in shape as it is important to be able to make clear decisions when under stress and keep the heart rate down when moving. Your mind is your best weapon. Keep it sharp by working out in some way each day - the body will follow. Keep in mind what most felons do in prison - they lift weights and practice offense with each other when the time comes to face a "cop" or to victimize you. We have to be at least equal to the BGs since we already lose a little in the reaction time to the offense. Train on - fitebak

Quote Originally Posted by fitebak View Post
    Excellent - not only must CCW holders be responsible citizens they must look like ones as well. It is another way to retain credibility in the face of all these senseless shootings. Things is, all these crazies, if they didn't have a gun would have used poison, a knife, car, bomb, etc. to do same amount of damage.
    Well...I hear that argument a lot, but I'm not sure it always holds water. The 1911 design is a classic for a reason - it's a highly successful case of form following function. It's difficult to top.

Guns in general are the same way. Ease of use and effectiveness sort of reach an optimal point when it comes to firearms. Nothing else is quite as effective without making a huge leap in technology. Until someone makes a practical directed energy weapon that isn't crew-served and weighs less than 30 lbs, conventional firearms are really the major game in town.

Once in a while, someone goes crazy with an axe or a car and kills some people. It's not nearly as efficient of a weapon though. Poison is difficult for most laypeople to use and delivery can be a challenge.

Of course I think it's every law-abiding citizen's right to own and openly or concealed carry a weapon in every location, and I think the ban on full auto weapons is total BS. But, I also wouldn't say you can do the same type of damage with a sword that you can with a rifle.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

and so my friends,

i have been busy dieting and working out and have lost 20 lbs so far. i have been cnsistently doing L.A.P.D. program{ with substitutions due to weather conditions ** and it is working. i have also mixed in Jack LaLanne's Magic 5 but more reps. that reverse sit up thing is a killer. abs are sore for a day or 2 after. i you want links to what these are let me know ad i will post them. hope y'all are P.T. ing!! HOOAH!!

sorry.....

been p.t.ing here is the report for last 2 weeks.
    1.L.A.P.D. plan
    2. lots of walking.
    3. combatives.
    c'mon people! y'all making me lonely, like that roy orbison song......

8. M-W-F for me is the Body For Life program. Sounds cheesy but it works. All major muscle groups are hit every workout, emphasizes reps over weight, although after doing this for about 4 months now I am on to high weight with high reps. T-Th are legs and abs, legs and abs, legs and abs...strong legs and a strong core make for a strong body overall. Sa-Su is more legs and abs and misc whatevers, keep the wife company in the gym. I play hockey 2-3 times a week, awesome cardio plus legs abs arms shoulders...greatest sport on earth.

Doesn't so much matter what you do as long as you are doing something.

Thumbs up Way to go, craig!!!

Quote Originally Posted by craig02711 View Post
    m-w-f for me is the body for life program. Sounds cheesy but it works. All major muscle groups are hit every workout, emphasizes reps over weight, although after doing this for about 4 months now i am on to high weight with high reps. T-th are legs and abs, legs and abs, legs and abs...strong legs and a strong core make for a strong body overall. Sa-su is more legs and abs and misc whatevers, keep the wife company in the gym. I play hockey 2-3 times a week, awesome cardio plus legs abs arms shoulders...greatest sport on earth.

Doesn't so much matter what you do as long as you are doing something.
    sounds like you are doing great! Keep going!!! And i agree with your last statement 100%.

ohhh my body......

cross country walking this week. up and down hills and with music. my hip flexors are ind of sore. i have let up on the bodyweight work this week and the combatives. will start that back up on monday.HOOAH!

I am going to get a couple miles of walking in today. One of these days I may get back in shape good enough to start doing a little running again. One of these days.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast