Don't laugh but...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't laugh but...

Exclamation Don't laugh but...

One of the best survival guides for he field EVER written is the BSA boyscout handbook. Good first aid, good food, good shelter, good advice!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    One of the best survival guides for he field EVER written is the BSA boyscout handbook. Good first aid, good food, good shelter, good advice!
    Sorry, I've never read it. They wouldn't let me join. *sigh*

I agree it is pretty good.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Sorry, I've never read it. They wouldn't let me join. *sigh*
    That's o.k. they would not let me join the girl scouts either.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Somewhere around here, I have an old, torn and tattered BS handbook I picked up at a yard sale. I think I put far more miles on that thing than the boy it originally belonged to.

If the Girls Scouts had been more like the Boy Scouts, I'd have likely joined the Girl Scouts.

wolfhunter Guest
    GCF, you could've dated a Boy Scout and "borrowed" his book. Check yard sales and thrift stores and get a copy. The only thing I know that is as good a reference guide would be the Foxfire books, and there's 10 or 12 volumes of that, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    GCF, you could've dated a Boy Scout and "borrowed" his book. Check yard sales and thrift stores and get a copy. The only thing I know that is as good a reference guide would be the Foxfire books, and there's 10 or 12 volumes of that, IIRC.
    Of course, Wolf, you are correct, but I was only trying to be funny. I really wanted to join the Sea Scouts. Both of my brothers joined. My pop was of the impression that his daughter didn't do things like that. He sure was mad when I told him I'd joined the Army! lol

What's the only difference between the Boy Scouts and the Army?

Boy Scouts don't have heavy artillery.

Talking Oh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    What's the only difference between the Boy Scouts and the Army?

Boy Scouts don't have heavy artillery.
    Boy scouts have adult supervision!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

The only difference between the men and the boys is the price of their toys!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast