Conceal Carry when in other peoples homes?

Thread: Conceal Carry when in other peoples homes?

1. Conceal Carry when in other peoples homes?

What does TN say about conceal carry when in other people's homes? As a computer service technician, self employed, I am always entering other homes and businesses. I've been in habit of leaving gun in car when working but never know what Im walking into when I enter a home.

Hi...welcome from Missouri .. I cannot answer your question because our laws may be different from yours so if you wait a little bit, someone might be awake enough to give you a reply.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

4. Quote Originally Posted by neuro242 View Post
    What does TN say about conceal carry when in other people's homes? As a computer service technician, self employed, I am always entering other homes and businesses. I've been in habit of leaving gun in car when working but never know what Im walking into when I enter a home.
    Check your state's Law and penalty, if indeed its a crime to carry in the private home or business, i would be more concern of the trip to-and from my vehicle than in the business or customers home itself.

Conceal carry means CONCEAL... No one should know you have a weapon on you anyway.

There's no law I know of that prohibits carry here in TN. I am also a contractor going to peoples' homes, and I'm sure there will be a time when it'll be reassuring to have a little backup. There was no mention of it in my class.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

There is no law in TN automatically prohibits carry in a private residence or requires you to get permission first like there is in other states.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

7. Good to hear. I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something in our laws. I never did find anything about it and was actually surprised since other states have the 'permission' law. Thanks.