US-321 and Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Thread: US-321 and Great Smoky Mountains National Park

US-321 and Great Smoky Mountains National Park

I'm planning a trip to Gatlinburg at the end of the month and want to stay out of the Park. The map shows US-321 from I-40 running right on the edge of the Park. Is this good road to carry on or does it penetrate the park at any point? Thanks!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

If I am not mistaking you should be fine. Obviously, Gatlinburg is not in the national park. If you go to the end of the strip you will enter the park. Also, some of the side roads off the strip will take you into the park. I have gone down 321 many times and have never seen a sign saying you are entering the national forest. Have Fun!
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

The last time I was on 321 it was a good road Red Hat, but thats been awhile,, Have fun in Gatlinburg,,,,,,,,,,,
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Thanks for the info. You can never be too careful especially when your Constitutional Rights are at stake!;)
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787