Mt.Juliet Tn

Thread: Mt.Juliet Tn

Mt.Juliet Tn

I will be coming to Mt.Juliet Tn soon to visit my Sister. I know That Tennessee honors my New York State Pistol Permit.My Question is,Do I have to Carry Concealed, or can I open Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    I will be coming to Mt.Juliet Tn soon to visit my Sister. I know That Tennessee honors my New York State Pistol Permit.My Question is,Do I have to Carry Concealed, or can I open Carry?
    Open carry with a recognized permit is legal in TN. TN has preemption of all firearms carry/transportation laws, except for local ordinances that were enacted before state preemption.

Mt. Juliet has no ordinances prohibiting open carry anyway.

Therefore it is legal to open carry with your New York Permit (assuming your New York permit is a permit that permits carry of the gun in public in New York).
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Yes, My NY Permit is for Concealed Carry Thank You NavyLCDR

5. Make sure you visit the tenn. Aquarium.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Make sure you visit the tenn. Aquarium.
    So he can shoot fish in a barrel?!?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So he can shoot fish in a barrel?!?
    That's better than sleeping with the fishes.