3step law - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3step law

1. Silly question but what is the 3 step law?

For once I like NY's law. You have a license to carry concealed, you have a right to have the loaded weapon on your person. Unless of course your in Bloomberg county.

Gimmme three steps, Gimmme three steps Mr. Gimmme three steps toward the door.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Its hard to explian but in Florida you can carry a loaded handgun in your car with out a permit but it has to be conviened in your glovebox, briefcase , shoebox, console and a zipup pouch. I wish Tennessee would have the same thing as Florida.

Is a three step law like a three step viper, a fast way to get killed?
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Three step law

Step 1 - Ready
    Step 2 - Aim
    Step 3 - Fire

Quote Originally Posted by granola1861 View Post
    Silly question but what is the 3 step law?
    If the threat doesn't stop in 3 steps, apply 3 more rounds?

FL has a locker room smell (swamps), hurricanes, piss poor gun laws, and all those dayum yankees who retired there ... the MANY reasons to never set foot in FL.

Thank goodness for the good life in Tennessee.

sent from my sending device
    sent from my sending device

No steps, but there are three conditions, if all met, you can legally stop a threat.
    1. You are in a place where you have a legal right to be.
    2. You are meeting force with equal (deadly) force
    3. To stop an immediate forceable felony (treason, murder, manslaughter, sexual battery, carjacking, home-invasion robbery, robbery, burglary, arson, kidnapping, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, aggravated stalking, aircraft piracy, or unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual

without florida ccwp=The gun must be securely encased (buckled/snap holster, zipped case, latched case, etc). And it cannot be readily accessible, ie: within quick reach of the occupant. Loaded or unloaded doesn't matter - just the two factors above. Does that equate to some steps, yes - but there is no legal definitive step requirement.

some tid bits i found ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    gun control is being able to hit your target

11. It's been a long time for me, but the way I understood it was the gun had to be in the glovebox/console and the ammo had to be in the trunk or lock box away from the gun. Unless you have your CCP, then you can carry loaded on your side or where ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12