Open Carry Across TN - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Carry Across TN

You must show your permit if requested by a LEO. But as has been said you don't have to volunteer that you are armed or show your permit.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    You must show your permit if requested by a LEO. But as has been said you don't have to volunteer that you are armed or show your permit.
    Correct.

TATTEDUP: Do you live in TN? Every time a TN issue pops up, you and I are usually the only responders, with Dr. David's intermittent "droughts"
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Hey tilt! Are you the guy that called me a couple of nights ago about the Taurus 9mm I had for sale?? The guy that called me was in NC and stated he worked for the USMC.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Correct.

TATTEDUP: Do you live in TN? Every time a TN issue pops up, you and I are usually the only responders, with Dr. David's intermittent "droughts"
    No. I live in Indiana. However, from my days at Packing.org, I am well-versed in the laws of the various states pertaining to open carry, registration, an duty to notify LEOs, among other things. Does that offend you, with me not living there?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Thumbs up Off Topic alittle

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    ...Does that offend you, with me not living there?
    No, Actually, I was impressed. I have trouble keeping up with Mich let alone multiple other states.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    No. I live in Indiana. However, from my days at Packing.org, I am well-versed in the laws of the various states pertaining to open carry, registration, an duty to notify LEOs, among other things. Does that offend you, with me not living there?
    Nope...just got curious and axed.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Tennessee is similar to Indiana in that the permit is a carry permit, and not a concealed carry permit. We Hoosiers have it better, however, in that we have the option of paying $40 for a four permit or $125 for a lifetime permit; care to guess which one I have? Furthermore, here in the Hoosier State, the only training is that which we provide for ourselves; no government mandated training here!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12