Carrying in public parks - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrying in public parks

1. Carrying in public parks

The mayor of Seattle has ordered the implementation of a city ordinance banning handguns in city parks in Seattle. This flies in the face of Washington's pre-emption law, which reserves the right to make any laws concerning firearms to the state legislature. I hope Governor Chris "Spend like a drunken sailer" Gregoire puts him in his place.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    The problem with getting that law past Jimmy Naifeh is that you say "Applebees", but he spins it and gets the liberals in a froth by saying "bars".

Which is worse to the sheep public?

"Guns in BARS"

or

"Guns in restaurants that happen to serve beer"

??????
    Well hopefully now that Jimmy Naifeh doesn't hold the gavel we can get some less restrictive laws passed, we'll have to wait and see if Kent Williams is just a RINO doing the Dems bidding.

He just might be, but at least he's pledged to allow bills to come to the House floor for a vote, rather than killing them outright in committee.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    He just might be, but at least he's pledged to allow bills to come to the House floor for a vote, rather than killing them outright in committee.
    That is what I am hoping for now.....
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

That's about all I can hope for. I think the guy has run as a Conservative, but it looks like his personal ambition caused him to side with the "enemy" for this position. Maybe he'll be better than what we're expecting. I am looking forward to some TRUE "common sense" gun laws to come out of the General Assembly very soon.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12