Gun Database Ignites Debate in Tennessee - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Database Ignites Debate in Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Irish View Post
    Where exactly is that database in the mentioned paper ?

Tennessee Handgun Carry Permits Information & News from The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)

Seems like they feel it is their "duty" to let the world know you have a concealed weapon. Looks like there's 15 people in TN with my name who has a CWP.
    "If it is time to bury your guns, then it is time to dig them up!"

3. The database is not complete though, my step dad was in there but my brother wasn't. They both got thier license the same time with my p-14 limited. Also checked another guy I know has one, he wasn't in there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Irish View Post
    Where exactly is that database in the mentioned paper ?

Tennessee Handgun Carry Permits Information & News from The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

hmm I might be kinda late jumping in this but what the hay. I have to agree and disagree slightly. I agree that the database should be private BUT if a criminal looks at the database to see who is armed or who is not for what house he will rob that night then I would say he is using an unworthy approach. A, you dont have to have a permit to own a gun, B, you dont have to own a gun to have a permit, C, what burglar breaks into a house while someone is home? i bet its not the guys that do their homework. Yes if they are in need of a gun they have a better chance of finding one in the home of a permit holder If the permit holder is home or if he/she owns more then one. But when I think of a permit holder I think of someone who is more responsible with their weapons then the avearge joe and doesnt leave weapons lying around or in easy access when not at home. I AM NOT saying the database is good BUT if I were a criminal looking for a gun would I go to a house that the person is serious enough about thier safety and has a permit airgo prolly trains on self defense shooting and is a good shot or would I roll the dice and hit a random house in TN where almost all homes have guns?

The carry permit is like a drivers license. You dont have to have a license to own a car and just becaue you have a license does not mean you own a car. Just my 2 cents. If the gun grabbers feel more comfy to know who has a permit and more importantly who does NOT have a permit then so be it if that means I get to have my permit. One day (i pray) the only permit anyone needs is the 2A and there fore all citizens of the US whom are in good standing will have a carry permit.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

6. Well one thing the data base does it to let a criminal know if he does go to a permit holders home come with force. It takes away the element of surprise, if a criminal knows this is the home of a permit holder he has to come in shooting. And what happens if the only permit holder/shooter in the house is not at home when a break in occurs it definitely puts your family at more risk. We are victimized by the State when we are forced to register to defend our families, they have taken our second amendment rights away by making us register to carry our arms. It is sad that we are treated like sex offenders just because we choose not to be victims by the media.

I wonder how the newspaper staff would feel if we published their names and addresses and told the entire internet who they were and where they live. I bet they would not feel that should be public.

This newspaper has seen the last of my money. They're slowly on the way out of business.

[QUOTE=yogi01;111179...I wonder how the newspaper staff would feel if we published their names and addresses and told the entire internet who they were and where they live. I bet they would not feel that should be public.[/QUOTE]

They need to remember their personal information is available, on the Shelby County Tax Assessor's database

Grant Smith recently updated the HCP database in the CA. I'd like to thank him for leaving my name out of it again!

Talking Gun Database

A few years back, there was a movie depicting a military invasion of the U.S
    Oddly enough, the first thing the attacking forces did was to obtain just such a database in the area they had just occupied in order to strip the populace of their weapons. Such a thing can possibly happen here, not only from an attacking force but from our radical liberal politicians in both national and state governments. The Brady group is definitely anti-gun as well as other organizations. I have read in different papers, etc. that our Secretary of State is proposing that the U.S. become a member of a world organization that would, in effect, prevent guns worldwide. It is incumbent upon us, as citizens, to be proactive in the choice of our politicians and oust all who are trying to subjugate our country to any world organization and who openly apologize to the world for being the greatest country in the world. Now is not the time for us to forfeit our rights given to us by the constitution but is the time to prepare to defend our rights especially under the Second Amendment.

11. @OldGrunt, I think the movie you are talking about is Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze Circa about 1984, only the 1st thing they actually did wasn't obtain such a database,but go to he Gun store and obtain the forms we signed when we bought our weapons and the Gun stores are required to keep on file even now. They also obtained records from the court house on who was Veterans, and got records of who was boy scouts. Google watch red dawn on line free, and re watch as it is worth watching again.

No what somebody needs to to is mail the paper and tell them how what they are doing is unconstitutional and how it could be used to identify non gun owners by criminals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast