Glock 26 question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Glock 26 question

  1. Glock 26 question

    I've just purchased G26 9mm. After a day or so, I noticed that the end of the guide rod(that is under the barrel)sticks out very slightly and is not flush with front of the slide. Sometimes I can move it with my finger, sometimes I can't, but it's always out. I checked other G26 models around town. Most of the have guide rod flush with slide. Only one or two had the same situation as my pistol. It does not affect shooting, feeding, ETC.
    Just want to know if anyone else seen a problem like that and if it's a problem at all.
    Thanks


  2.   
  3. #2
    Mine seems flush but I can still move it a bit.

    -Doc

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Mine seems flush but I can still move it a bit.

    -Doc
    Does it seem like a problem to you?

  5. #4
    It doesn't seem too bad. Make sure your guide rod is seated properly. I took a picture of my 27(left) and 30(right) for comparison. The 27 is essentially identical to your 26. My 30 has an after market quide rod in it. I can move both guide rods with my finger a little. Hope this helps.



  6. Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    It doesn't seem too bad. Make sure your guide rod is seated properly. I took a picture of my 27(left) and 30(right) for comparison. The 27 is essentially identical to your 26. My 30 has an after market quide rod in it. I can move both guide rods with my finger a little. Hope this helps.

    Thanks. I assume it does not affect performance of your guns?

  7. #6

    Call Glock

    If this is something you bet your life on find out.
    I have two G26 and two G30 as well as other Glocks and
    can not remember ever having that problem and mine
    are some of the first shipped.
    Either it's not put together correctly or something is broken
    would be my guess.
    I have LaseMax in all of mine now and they don't even stick out
    that far.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    Thanks. I assume it does not affect performance of your guns?
    You can always email Glock your picture and ask them. As dave said, better safe than sorry. Just shoot them an email.

    It can only be 4 things in my opinion.

    1.) It is fine
    2.) guide rod isn't seated correctly
    3.) You have a different rod(aftermarket,wrong model,).
    4.) Your rod is defective(springs are sprung. Try cycling it a few times(without ammo of course).

    You did buy it New from a dealer didn't you? If you got it 2nd hand, somebody probably replace the rod. Triggers and rods are the 1st mods people do on these.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    You can always email Glock your picture and ask them. As dave said, better safe than sorry. Just shoot them an email.

    It can only be 4 things in my opinion.

    1.) It is fine
    2.) guide rod isn't seated correctly
    3.) You have a different rod(aftermarket,wrong model,).
    4.) Your rod is defective(springs are sprung. Try cycling it a few times(without ammo of course).

    You did buy it New from a dealer didn't you? If you got it 2nd hand, somebody probably replace the rod. Triggers and rods are the 1st mods people do on these.
    I went back to the shop where the gun was purchased....It was a defective spring. Swap was made and the
    G26 is fine.
    Thanks for all the help, gentelmen!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gadsden Al.
    Posts
    64
    My Glock 36 has a very small gap also,I have shot it hundreds of times with no problem.??What was defective about the spring???
    Its Better To Have It And Not Need It Than To Need It And Not Have It.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry561 View Post
    My Glock 36 has a very small gap also,I have shot it hundreds of times with no problem.??What was defective about the spring???
    Gunsmith at the store said it was "stretched out". There was lots of play when it was installed. I could actually move it back and forth with my finger. It did not appear affect the performance. It's just looked weird. When I showed it to the gunsmith he plucked the old guide rod assembly and chucked it in the trash. Then he simply installed another one and the problem vanished.
    Guess that fixed it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTT Glock 26 for Glock 19 in FL
    By freddie07 in forum Buy Sell Trade
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 04:49 PM
  2. Glock people
    By dobleceroseite in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
  3. Deal on Glock 26
    By leopax in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 07:37 PM
  4. CC with the Glock 26. How safe?
    By mjroho in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 05:10 PM
  5. Question about my new Glock 19
    By Glockster20 in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast