Shooting on private property - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shooting on private property

1. Shooting on private proptery

Hey check this out:

3. Thanks for this. This guy is complaining about the noise. I have noise, too, but unlike the open land they are pointing to at this range, my neighbor is pointing at me and my neighbors including a 90 home gated development. Montgomery is quickly becoming a suburb to Houston and The Woodlands and now the 10 largest county in Texas. There's lots of other parts of the state to shoot high caliber rifles.

There's been some comments about land size (acerage) and shooting. I haven't researched this thoroughly but this may be the source of some of this talk about 10 acres (etc.) as a minimum size on which to shoot. I think this Senate Bill was passed and originated mainly dealing with dove hunting inside city limits.

Senate Bill 1742
    Senate Author: Shapiro et al.

Effective: 6-19-09
    House Sponsor: Paxton

Senate Bill 1742 amends the Local Government Code to provide for the regulation of the discharge of a weapon by a municipality located wholly or partly in a county with a population of 450,000 or more, in which all or part of a municipality with a population of one million or more is located, and that is located adjacent to a county with a population of two million or more. The bill prohibits such a municipality from applying a regulation relating to the discharge of firearms or other weapons in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the municipality or in an area annexed by the municipality after September 1, 1981, if the firearm or other weapon is a shotgun, air rifle or pistol, BB gun, or bow and arrow discharged on certain tracts of land of 10 acres or more; a center fire or rim fire rifle or pistol of any caliber discharged on certain tracts of land of 50 acres or more; or discharged at a sport shooting range. The discharge of an applicable weapon must be in a manner not reasonably expected to cause a projectile to cross the boundary of the applicable tract of land.
    ...know when to fold 'em.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456