I didn't tell the LEO I had my pistol in the car - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: I didn't tell the LEO I had my pistol in the car

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy2001 View Post
    Guess that was pretty stupid but I have just moved to Houston from NY, havenot been pulled over in years and got nabbed 71 in a 55 on a stretch between Houston and Tyler.

    I have my NY CCW (full carry) and if I already had my Texas permit I would have told him as required. So, anyone know how long I have to get my Texas permit? Texas recognizes NY but for how long after you relocate?
    you were in violation of TX law, if the found that you were carrying and didn't inform he could have hauled you off to jail. also you'd be wise to learn about the 30.06 signs and the TABC 51% rules
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TeXD9 View Post
    Timothy2001

    You don't have to tell the police that you have a gun in the car in Texas unless they ask you.
    wrong! in TX if you are carrying concealed and have an encounter with a law enforcement official you are REQUIRED to inform him that you are armed
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    wrong! in TX if you are carrying concealed and have an encounter with a law enforcement official you are REQUIRED to inform him that you are armed
    Nope, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS WRONG AS USUAL........ STOP giving out advice on stuff you have no clue about.....

    Texas Gun Law

    The General Firearms Laws of The State of Texas:

    In Texas, it is generally illegal to carry a handgun outside of a personís own premises. However, a person may carry, either open or concealed, in a non-threatening or alarming manner, a shotgun or rifle.

    However even with a handgun, in Texas, there are several places where a person may possess a handgun legally without the benefit of a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL). These places include:

    A personís residence or other real property under their control.
    A personís private motor vehicle or watercraft if the handgun is concealed, and the person is legal to possess a firearm, is not a member of a street gang, and is not engaged in the commission of a crime greater than a Class C misdemeanor traffic or boating violation.
    A person engaged in lawful fishing, hunting, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the personsí residence or motor vehicle, if the firearm is a type commonly used in the activity.
    While storing a loaded firearm, it must be in a place which cannot be accessed by a child under the age of 17, or secured with a trigger lock if there is reason to know that a child under 17 may gain access to the firearm.

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Nope, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS WRONG AS USUAL........ STOP giving out advice on stuff you have no clue about.....

    Texas Gun Law

    The General Firearms Laws of The State of Texas:

    In Texas, it is generally illegal to carry a handgun outside of a person’s own premises. However, a person may carry, either open or concealed, in a non-threatening or alarming manner, a shotgun or rifle.

    However even with a handgun, in Texas, there are several places where a person may possess a handgun legally without the benefit of a Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL). These places include:

    A person’s residence or other real property under their control.
    A person’s private motor vehicle or watercraft if the handgun is concealed, and the person is legal to possess a firearm, is not a member of a street gang, and is not engaged in the commission of a crime greater than a Class C misdemeanor traffic or boating violation.
    A person engaged in lawful fishing, hunting, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the persons’ residence or motor vehicle, if the firearm is a type commonly used in the activity.
    While storing a loaded firearm, it must be in a place which cannot be accessed by a child under the age of 17, or secured with a trigger lock if there is reason to know that a child under 17 may gain access to the firearm.
    you're a special kind of stupid
    WARNING:
    This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you're a special kind of stupid
    So, people who show you proof that you are wrong are stupid? Good to know how "special" you are..... Doesnt change the fact that you dont have an effing clue about what you are spewing forth.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast