Hi-Point 9MM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Point 9MM

1. Hi-Point 9MM

Can anyone tell me anything about the Hi-Point 9mm from their own personal experience with the gun?

3. Good Truck, toolbox or beginner gun.

They are rugged, a bit finicky on ammo. They are a bit on the ugly side but go bang everytime you pull the trigger. VERY accurate (more accurate than my M&P). Having the barrel mounted to the frame and a SA trigger pull helps.

To heavy (IMHO) for Concealed Carry. I still have mine, wouldn't sell it even if I could get more than $100 for it.

4. yes, they are mostly reliable, they prefer fmj, there can be a feed issue with the mags, if you get a lot of jamming even with fmj, then either your technique, or the mag is to blame. search for the how to mod the mag, its cheap easy quick to do. the trigger is splashy, and i dont trust the safety, so i would recommend NOT carrying with a round chambered. they are still very accurate after break-in period, which is like 50 rounds. they are great for in the nightstand. the sights are actually really good, and the gun points naturally. they also have a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

I have a Hi-Point 9mm. If you are considering this gun for Concealed Carry I would NOT recommend it. It is just too heavy. As far as the gun itself is concerned. For the money it is a very good gun. Mine is very accurate, however it will jam up if you don't use the right ammunition. I recommend a 100gr. bullet, anything bigger and the gun will jam up. Once it is broke in say 200 or so rounds fired you may be able to go to a 115gr bullet. I am very happy using the 100gr that I have and I got a very good deal on it.

6. I've never had any luck with them. I would spend the extra and make sure I had something that is there if you ever needed it. IMO.
    "It is what it is, if you make no difference."

I will have to look into the mag mod. I had not heard of the mag being the cause of the jam ups. Thanks.

I have a hi-point 9mm carbine, had it for probably 15 years, 4 or 500 rounds through it over that time. I've always used the cheapest ammo possible, as it's mostly just for fun...still never had an issue with it.
    it's killed an occasional woodchuck here & there too..lol
    great gun for the money.

9. I think they all jam up. The cheeper ammo you run through them the more they dirty up the more they jam.

10. High Point 9mm was my first handgun...If you are looking for a everyday carry gun I would not suggest it...It is heavy to carry and kind of off balance to handle...Mine was an overall good shooting gun on the range, I was concerned about the occasional misfire and jams so I did not trust it for an everyday carry...The only break issue I had is after about 1000 rounds I had some issues with firing pin, I sent it off to High Point and they completely rebuilt the gun at no charge...My dad also has the 45mm and it jams about every 4-5 rounds, which could be cheap rounds, but you get what you pay for...If you cant afford anything else, then something is better than nothing...I now have a S&W MP 9mm and I love it...Its twice the price but 100% better firearm...

11. Agree with MHolland...Better = more money but no problems. Glock #27

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast