TX Concealed Carry Just Got Easier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX Concealed Carry Just Got Easier

JSDinTexas Guest

TX Concealed Carry Just Got Easier

TX is changing the law (Subsections (a) and (h), Section 46.035, Penal Code) from the wording "fails to conceal" to the wording "intentionally displays ... in plain view ..." meaning it will not be illegal if the display is unintentional, (ie. printing?)
    This is SB299, originally HB1304. I believe the theory here is they are making it easier to carry concealed with less legal problems of absolute concealment, (THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY).
    Perry signed it, and it will be law 9/1/13.
    See all about it here:
    Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) History for SB 299
    Last edited by JSDinTexas; 05-22-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: misworded with Perry will sign, instead of Perry signed it

Blog Entries
    Don't get your hopes up... He is a politician, after all.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Don't get your hopes up... He is a politician, after all.
    No hope required - Perry is 100% pro-gun. This is Texas pardner.

The governor signed the bill on the 18th. It becomes effective 9/1/13....

HB 1009 creating School Marshals also passed and has been sent to the Governor for signature, as well as, SB 864 that reduces the CHL course from a minimum of 10 hours to 4 hours.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Thanks txshooter, I misworded that.

Texas question:if i have a CHL and a semi auto, b ut want to carry a revolver.... DO I HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED ON THE RANGE WITH THE REVOLVER IN TEXAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Texas question:if i have a CHL and a semi auto, b ut want to carry a revolver.... DO I HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED ON THE RANGE WITH THE REVOLVER IN TEXAS?
    As long as you passed the range proficiency portion of the class with a semi-auto, demonstrating proficiency with a semi-automatic handgun, you can carry either a semi-auto or a revolver. If you did, then you should have the letters SA on your CHL meaning that you can carry either. If you used a revolver during your range proficiency, then your CHL will have the letters NSA for Non Semi-Automatic which means you can only carry a revolver.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JSDinTexas View Post
    No hope required - Perry is 100% pro-gun. This is Texas pardner.

Exactly right! Ruger even named a Ruger LCP (The Coyote Special) after Governor Perry's run in with an overly aggressive coyote one day.
    Mr. Perry shot that coyote dead when he was out jogging with his dog with his own personal Ruger LCP. :-)

PolitiFact | Perry's Coyote Special difficult to order?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I don't know. the gov.code still says
    GC 411.171. DEFINITIONS.
    (3)

"Concealed handgun

means a handgun, the presence of which is not openly discernible to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person." I don't think that has changed.

I think the law is for the mishaps that cause the gun to briefly displayed, You know, like dropping your keys at the mall parking lot and bending over and getting them, your shirt goes up and people start screaming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast