How long for CHL processing? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long for CHL processing?

1. Friend of mine got his in 3 weeks from the day he electronically submitted his "paper work" for TX, another friend did the same thing and it took almost 2 months.
    I chose to get my permit through AZ because it was $160 cheaper.... $140 for tx permit plus another 60-80 for the class...
    AZ cost me $60 TOTAL. All I to send in was a copy of my TX hunter safety cert.., my finger print cards (AZ doesn't use electronic),and the application plus the $60
    Submitted my Application on Dec 5th and received my permit on Dec 19th.
    And in 5 yrs it will cost me $40 to renew it for another 5 yrs.

3. I filed my paperwork electronically, and it took 2.5 weeks for me to get my license in my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by lennygilbert View Post
    I chose to get my permit through AZ because it was $160 cheaper....
    If you decide to go this route, please do so carefully:
    From Texas Department of Public Safety - Courtesy, Service, Protection
    Arizonans with concealed handgun licenses issued by their home state now can legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.
    Notice the agreement does not state that non-resident licenses from Arizona will be recognized.

The agreement for Florida, however, states:Texas Department of Public Safety - Florida and Tennessee CHL agreement
    Texas has signed reciprocal agreements with Florida and Tennessee, allowing citizens with concealed handgun licenses issued by Florida or Tennessee to legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.
    Notice here that residency is not a requirement.

Also, if you chose not to take a TX CHL class, be sure to do your own homework and know the TX CHL laws inside and out.
    HootenArmory.com FFL/SOT, NRA instructor, TX CHL instructor located in Rockwall, TX

5. Mine took 77 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12