Officer told me yesterday no longer required to show CCW when stopped by LEO
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer told me yesterday no longer required to show CCW when stopped by LEO

1. Officer told me yesterday no longer required to show CCW when stopped by LEO

Anyone else here this?

LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws.LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws LEO are the worst source for legal information. Check your state laws
    What part of this do you not understand?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

You are required to show your CHL when asked for identification, if you are carrying at the time. This requirement has been in place for quite some time.

Read the statute here--or should I say "hear" for the homonym-challenged? <grin>

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...11.htm#411.205

If I'm carrying, then I bring it out with my license --- even if it isn't asked for. For me, it's the safe thing to do and clear up any doubt up front. Besides, by the time the office gets out and comes to my car he already knows if I have a CCL anyway just by running my plate.
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

7. Not applicable to me I have a out of state CCW would not be in my present states system, even though it is recognized in my present state.

NC is a "must inform" state, but after that I do not have to show my permit unless the LEO asks for it.

Last time I had an interaction with a local LEO after a minor traffic accident, I "informed" the officer, and he said OK, but never asked to see my permit. Of course he did ask for my drivers license since I was one of the drivers.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Officer told me yesterday no longer required to show CCW when stopped by LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    Not applicable to me I have a out of state CCW would not be in my present states system, even though it is recognized in my present state.
    Since you posted in the Texas forum, one would assume that you were referring to Texas law--which does require this regardless of which state issued your license.

But of course, if you are in another state, you need to follow their laws.

10. No I ment I would not be in the states data base since my CCW is from another state. So the officer would not know I had a CCW when he ran my plates. Sorry for the misunderstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    No I ment I would not be in the states data base since my CCW is from another state. So the officer would not know I had a CCW when he ran my plates. Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Ah, I understand. The LEO won't find you in the database but you still need to show your CCW license when asked for ID.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast