AR15.com Member With Concealed Firearm Permit Holds Crossbow Wielding Woman At Bay

Thread: AR15.com Member With Concealed Firearm Permit Holds Crossbow Wielding Woman At Bay

AR15.com Member With Concealed Firearm Permit Holds Crossbow Wielding Woman At Bay

Shortly after 3 p.m. Monday, a woman armed with a bow and arrow walked into a northwest Houston business and shot a man, according to police.

The female suspect, 30, was armed with the bow, multiple arrows, and what appeared to be a handgun, which later turned out to be a fake gun.

When she was confronted by workers inside Texas Components Corporation in the 6600 block of the Sam Houston Toll Way North, she shot a 55-year-old man in the chest with an arrow.

Two workers inside the office, both with concealed gun permits, pulled pistols of their own and shot at the woman. They then ran outside and began shooting back in, according to police.

When cops entered the building the suspect was hiding in an office still armed with the bow and arrow. When confronted by police, they say she made a move.

"The suspect threatened the officer, wheeled toward him so he discharged his weapon," said Sergeant John Chomiak.

The suspect's father works at the office but police are still investigating her motive for the attack.

Late Monday, both the victim and suspect were recovering at area hospitals in stable condition.

The incident was caught on surveillance video.

Source: MyFoxHouston.com - Woman Accused of Shooting Man with Arrow, Carrying Fake Handgun

AR15.com forum post
    Last edited by lukem; 01-19-2009 at 11:15 PM.

And this is why I carry everyday. Glad that it didn't turn out any worse than it has.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

You don't need a firearm for someone to be dangerous. This person was armed with a crossbow which can be just as deadly as a firearm. We'll see people do stupid things with nail guns from the local Home Depot or Lowe's next if it hasn't happened already.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    You don't need a firearm for someone to be dangerous. This person was armed with a crossbow which can be just as deadly as a firearm. We'll see people do stupid things with nail guns from the local Home Depot or Lowe's next if it hasn't happened already.
    Too late. A long time ago, I had a neighbor shoot himself with a nail gun in his heart. He lived to tell about it.

wolfhunter Guest
    A nail gun like this? I understand this is a real tack driver.

Attachment 298

crazy people everywhere.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Wolfhunter thats cool.

Is that a real nail gun?
    -Austin

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Wolfhunter thats cool.

Is that a real nail gun?
    A buddy sent me the picture. I think it's just an AR dressed up. He sent text saying it's good for developing good neighbors. You know, "good fences make good neighbors", and all that. He said to be sure the NEIGHBOR is holding the boards while you nail them up.....