800 pound Gorilla

Mr. Vegas

I don't know if this is taboo or not to talk about in this medium but I'll ask anyway

1,What do you think wil REALLY happen if they actually decide to ban guns in America?
2.Would all of the American public lay down their firearms and bow to the Gov. like England

I ask part two of the question because we now know it doesn't work by example. The crime rate has went to a new hieght since the english took away the LAW ABIDING ctizens guns. So in order to bow and hand them over you would have to get right with the fact that you can no longer protect your family and loved ones against an armed attack ( which WILL happen )

3. Is the government prepared to take a percentage of these guns by force?

I know every state has a malitia loyal to the people. I know they won't hand em over. I know the government is fully aware of this. Are they really prepared to fire on American citizens just to take away another right given to them in the constitution.

I for one doubt it will ever happen. the risk of a revolt is too large, I think they'll legislate us to death and make it very difficult to own one AND shoot it but I am not worried they'll knock on the door and ask for my guns...

Some may disagree but I'm just trying to look at it from a realistic standpoint
please post your predictions or opinions..

Sheldon

Gun sales are at 1.5 million a month, ammo sales are in excess of 1 billion rounds a month.... that ain't no 800# gorilla but is more like a 4 ton Tyrannosaurus Rex!!!

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
wHOA Elephant in the room

Gun sales are at 1.5 million a month, ammo sales are in excess of 1 billion rounds a month.... that ain't no 800# gorilla but is more like a 4 ton Tyrannosaurus Rex!!!

The more guns that are legally purchased the more the loony lefties cry out in anguish and beat their chests in remorse. I say we really get them going by buying even more guns and ammo after all it is a durable good that is mostly of USA MFG which is good for the economy...right????

benjammin

The more guns that are legally purchased the more the loony lefties cry out in anguish and beat their chests in remorse. I say we really get them going by buying even more guns and ammo after all it is a durable good that is mostly of USA MFG which is good for the economy...right????

X2

The current estimate of ADMITTED gun owners is about 90 million, or almost 1/3 of the US. How many more are out there that have never been registered or have any paperwork? The govt/un would have a hell of a time if confiscation was attempted right now.

krmgator

That is why we have to be ever vigilant on what the loonyleft is doing and support pro gun political candidates and pro gun laws. Though the present administration have shown an eagerness to ignore the constituion, the 2nd amendment exists to protect us from the tyranny of our own government.

These same leftnut jobs will sceam first and try to convince everyone that there is no way we can have a government of tyrants! Guess they never heard of Pelosi, Reed, Dodd, Frank and Obama. What fools.

Scarecrow

I totally support this idea!

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
I am doing my best, added 4 new guns since the first of the year, and got one for Christmas. The wife is also looking at a "Judge" for a nightstand gun, you must watch the video on Taurus' website. Also laying in as much a supply of ammo as I can afford.:no:

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
Sorry got carried away, to answer the question, there will be some who turn theirs in, but many more who won't. And even if my whole neighborhood turned theirs in, between myself (former Soldier) and my neighbor (former Soldier and current deputy sheriff) we could re-arm our "hood". We just need to have enough people with the fore-thought to plan out their strategies BEFORE this happens!!

At my local gun shop this question was brought up and the owner replied that he knew several local PO's that told him if that time ever came and they (the PO's) were asked to assist in the collection of guns they would quit the force. I have to tell you it warmed my heart. Not many folks around here are going to hand them over. I don't think the present administration is going to try something like that because they know deep down they will have a fight on their hands. One that they don't want right now. They will continue to try to pass more legislation and make it harder for us which is why me must stay the course and fight these bast%$'s every chance we get. I just helped out the economy and purchased a Glock 22 and 1000 rounds of US made ammo. Will be adding more real soon with my stimulus check. :biggrin:

chudak25

I'm trying to do my part, before the election, I had ZERO guns in the house, now I have 4 and always looking for ways to pick up more!
I think if there was an outright ban, there would be riots and hell to pay! However, I also believe that the government is capable of taking them by force! The police can quit if they don't want to face the public, but there is a thing called the military. Those guys have no choice, they get an order and they have to follow it! As much fire power as we all might have, most of us would not have bullet proof vests along with smoke bombs and such as the military will. So it would be pretty crazy, I know people will still try to defend themselves and their right, but I'm afraid it would almost always be a guaranteed death. Hopefully it never gets to that point!

utimmer43

I'm trying to do my part, before the election, I had ZERO guns in the house, now I have 4 and always looking for ways to pick up more!
I think if there was an outright ban, there would be riots and hell to pay! However, I also believe that the government is capable of taking them by force! The police can quit if they don't want to face the public, but there is a thing called the military. Those guys have no choice, they get an order and they have to follow it! As much fire power as we all might have, most of us would not have bullet proof vests along with smoke bombs and such as the military will. So it would be pretty crazy, I know people will still try to defend themselves and their right, but I'm afraid it would almost always be a guaranteed death. Hopefully it never gets to that point!

I think it would be more than riots, I think that would pretty much send us into an all out revolution. And don't sell yourself short on the ability to fight the military (which I will state right now that I have the utmost respect for). Our military men and women know right from wrong no matter how well they are trained to follow orders. I think if it went that far you would have quite a few AWOLs. Plus, A couple thousand or so insurgents are dealing us the casualties we are sustaining in Iraq. With over 90 million gun owners in the US, if only 5% of them decided it was worth their life to defend the Constitution and freedom in general, that's an army of 4.5 million.

Wolfling68

1. I'm not really sure, a LOT of us would become criminals. Maybe civil disobedience, probably some would shoot back, kill police/soldiers and die.

2. Not A Chance, we are too paranoid and it ingrained in our culture that the govenment is the enemy we just can't seem to live without.

3. Absolutely!!! Have a look at New Orleans

The government will not outright ban guns. They will probably start with registration, there are a lot of people who will not register them. This would really be the time for civil disobedience, and cacheing weapons and ammo. Then, there will be a crisis in which the government will declare martial law. It will probably involve race riots and/or terrorist attacks. Possibly UN Peacekeepers on American soil.

Remember, they are not stupid, they realize an England/Austraillia style ban will not work here. But they have not given up, and will continue to try. If they are going to do it quickly, they will need a HUGE reason. And with Obama's global ideology, do not disbelieve he will use UN troops. (The upside for that is can you remember any UN victory?? or anything else the UN has gotten right?)

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
There is a time for civil disobedience and a time for armed rebellion. The art of the freedom fighter is knowing what time it is.

If you're read the Newsweek article on the Obamanation's suddenly falling silent on gun control, you read how Carolyn McCarthy was told, "That's not for now. That's for later." They're not giving up. They're not going away, and neither too shall we.

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jawman