anyone surprised?

G

gpbarth

Yeah! I'm surprised! Being Chicago and all, I can't believe this guy was actually arrested. I guess the feds are far enough outside the Chicago machine to make the bust. Hope he's hung by the 'nads!

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
His name, sounds of Serbian descent....

Yes, if he is guilty then he should pay! It seems often these guys forget they are not above the law!!

magicman007

Hmmmmmm.......a Democrat...........in Illinois........the Governor........corruption in filling Mr. Obama's chair as Senator? Nahhhh............gotta be wrong. They must have the wrong person. It COULDN'T be this is right! :crazy_pilot: :sarcastic:

How much more corruption will come out of that area before SOMEONE connects Nobama to it!?!!?!

HK4U

Hmmmmmm.......a Democrat...........in Illinois........the Governor........corruption in filling Mr. Obama's chair as Senator? Nahhhh............gotta be wrong. They must have the wrong person. It COULDN'T be this is right! :crazy_pilot: :sarcastic:

How much more corruption will come out of that area before SOMEONE connects Nobama to it!?!!?!

I looked up the word corruption in the dictionary and his picture was there for an illustration.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Sounds like typical Chicago/Cook County (note, not Illinois, just Chicago/Cook County) politics at work here. Maybe this arrest will open the floodgates to more corrupt officials being prosecuted.

G

gpbarth

Blagojevich has stated that anyone who wants can record his conversations, etc. Even though he knew he was being investigated. I don't believe that this is stupidity. It is extreme arrogance. The criminal element in Illinois and Chicago truly believe that they are above the law, and can do anything with impunity. Why? Because they have been doing so since the 20's.

It's kinda like, "Go ahead and try to stop me. I've got enough power to make sure that you will not succeed." This guy even threatened the Chicago Tribune with revenge if they didn't stop running articles negative to him. Until someone (like Elliot Ness) comes along and gives these guys a long sentence at the GrayBar Hotel, and keeps doing it, it will never stop.

magicman007

I don't think they'll need to worry about that for the next four years.....the Chicago Machine now has a friend in OUR house in Washington!

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I don't think they'll need to worry about that for the next four years.....the Chicago Machine now has a friend in OUR house in Washington!

Or maybe not. All the facts are not in just yet. Furthermore, if anyone in Washington is part of the Chicago political machine, it's more likely to be Jesse Jackson, Jr. than Barack Obama.

magicman007

Or maybe not. All the facts are not in just yet. Furthermore, if anyone in Washington is part of the Chicago political machine, it's more likely to be Jesse Jackson, Jr. than Barack Obama.

My point was more that nothing much more will come of this. Obama and his machine will cover it up for his friends back in the windy city

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDDS1215