approved firearms list in DC

SergeantC

I learned today there is apparently a list of approved handguns now in Washington, DC.

Anyone know of this?

Know what's on the list?

The heads up is that I gather if the gun you want to register there is not on the list, then forget about registering it.

ricbak

Who wrote this (Loosely speaking) document. Ms Pelosi?
An unsafe handgun prohibited under DC Official
Code § 7-2505.04. This provides that beginning
January 1, 2009, a pistol that is not on the California
Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale, (also known
as the California Roster of Handguns Determined
Not to be Unsafe), may not be manufactured, sold,
given, loaned, exposed for sale, transferred, or imported
into the District of Columbia, unless it was

owned and registered before this date.

The truth comes out.....

So, they are finally preparing to move the capital of the "Liberal States of America" to Kalifornia. How fitting.

:no:

Vir Quisque Vir

Once again, the District spits in the face of the U.S. Supreme Court and D.C. v Heller. D.C. continues to devise any law they think even MIGHT pass constitutional muster. So, they now do not tell you that you cannot register a firearm, they just tell you, in their infinite wisdom, which firearms you may buy. I would assume they want to tell you how MANY you can buy per month, which grip colors are okay, how they will have to have user-only capability, will ban lead bullets, and then outlaw the purchase of extra magazines, bullets, powder, empty cases and primers. Of course, they will introduce mandatory microstamping of the bullets you will not find for sale locally. I am sure this really protects the 2nd amendment guarantee of residents of the District of Columbia.:no:

Last edited:

GHF

Now That There Is A PC Set Of Guns, Does Anybody Know of Anybody With a Non-res CCW?

Question - does anybody know if/how anyone has non-resident CCW for DC? For that matter a resident that has one.

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
Well, I just scanned the list, and it covers a lot of handguns, it may not cover all, but now the test is whether the crime rate starts to fall with the proliferation of handguns in D.C. Maybe if the crime rate falls the naysayers will open their eyes, or they might just come back with some bull about the cumulative effect of the last 30 years of gun control. We'll just have to see.:wacko:

Not to shoot down your idea, but....

Well, I just scanned the list, and it covers a lot of handguns, it may not cover all, but now the test is whether the crime rate starts to fall with the proliferation of handguns in D.C. Maybe if the crime rate falls the naysayers will open their eyes, or they might just come back with some bull about the cumulative effect of the last 30 years of gun control. We'll just have to see.:wacko:

Well, Tex, it hasn't happened yet, has it? This evidence is pretty transparent for those states that have adopted CCW laws thus far, but the gun-grabbers don't really look at evidence that doesn't agree with their agenda. You have to understand that Texan common sense is least common in places like D.C.

Stay strapped and good luck on that OC!:biggrin:

Pele

VA State CCW Holder!
Approved list:

Airsoft
Rubberbands
Slingshot

but definitely not a Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock...

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
In basic training we had a drill cadet by the name of Amato, and his OCS motto was "Always Forward". I don't mind if we sometimes stagnate, but the goal is to move "always forward". I see a lot of action nationwide that causes me to have hope eternal, and to have a Democratic Representative sponsor a bill to deny those in authority the means to disarm citizens during times of crisis, is just one of those actions.
Always armed, always vigilant, and with the help of God, "Always Forward". God Bless us all!

FOXBARON

Question - does anybody know if/how anyone has non-resident CCW for DC? For that matter a resident that has one.

No one can get a CCW permit for D.C, unless they are buddies with the Mayor or the Chief of Police.

Technically it was at one time against the law for a sworn officer from another jurisdiction to carry concealed.

Private security companies and PI's can't get a permit to carry concealed either and no one other than off duty cops are allowed to work as a bodyguard in D.C.

D.C. sucks. they could care less if you become a victim.

Of course, the bad guys and the boys in the hood don't need no "stinking" permits.

Pele

VA State CCW Holder!
So then how do all the random Rent-a-Cops at the various government buildings get to and from work with their guns? I work in a government building, I see them carry their .38 S&W revolvers in and out of the building.

FOXBARON

So then how do all the random Rent-a-Cops at the various government buildings get to and from work with their guns? I work in a government building, I see them carry their .38 S&W revolvers in and out of the building.

They can get a permit issued to carry in uniform to and from work and on the work site but not concealed.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tactical Billy