If 'Men are from Mars...'

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
It's been said that "Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus". The thinking here is that the two are fundamentally different enough that they might as well come from different planets.

If this is true, couldn't it also be said, for example, that "Liberals are from Disneyland; Conservatives are from Detroit"?

The reason I say this is that the underlying focus of the Liberal mindset is one of a Social Paradise...a Fantasy Land where everyone will be happy and healthy all the time, there'll be no poverty or crime, and the State will address all of your remaining inconvenient issues.

Conservatives, on the other hand, realize that the world is a muddy place, like a scene from Blade Runner, where each individual is ultimately responsible for his own being, for good or for ill, and all that's required is to ensure he has the tools to slay the dinosaur when it shows its head.

Only reason I pick (not pick on) "Detroit" is that it has a certain feel to it - even the name! - as being a nitty-gritty kind of city, deep, dark and real. Unlike, say, "Hollywood" or "Springfield".

Whaddaya think?

The Gunny

In my youth I was a Democrat I have since switched to a Republican however I am still more an independent at heart. Here is a quote I like.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30 and is not a conservative, has no brain. Sir Winston Churchill

PascalFleischman

In my youth I was a Democrat I have since switched to a Republican however I am still more an independent at heart. Here is a quote I like.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30 and is not a conservative, has no brain. Sir Winston Churchill

Here's to having no heart!

kwo51

When the Gop was more for less gov I wanted to be part. Now I question the way we are going.UN and one world gov. does not include armed peeons!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jawman