Minnesota Application for Carry Permit

I successfully completed the Carry Permit class here in Northern Minnesota and turned in my application to the Sheriffs Office in Hibbing, MN.

That was 14 days ago (10 business days) and I have yet to hear anything reguarding my permit.:huh: I understand they can stretch their reply for up to 30 calendar days. Will I test their patience by asking them the status of my carry permit application before the 30 days are up?:grr:

Thank you for any replies!

paul_bunyun007

I successfully completed the Carry Permit class here in Northern Minnesota and turned in my application to the Sheriffs Office in Hibbing, MN.

That was 14 days ago (10 business days) and I have yet to hear anything reguarding my permit.:huh: I understand they can stretch their reply for up to 30 calendar days. Will I test their patience by asking them the status of my carry permit application before the 30 days are up?:grr:

Thank you for any replies!

Whats the Hurry? They are probably doing the federal background check, fingerprints, name of first born ect ect

Red Hat

30 days is not too bad. Some states can take 4 months or longer. I'd just wait the 30 days out then ask about it.

Minnesota

Mine took about ten days or so. Actually I was impressed at how fast and efficiently they did it. That was about four months ago though.

Wow...Thats much shorter than when I applied during the big crunch here in Utah. It took about 80 days or so before my check was deposited and then the permit arrived. Don't worry its probably just the back ground check and levels of paperwork. I would not get worried unless 30 days pass or whats left of your application shows up in a burn bag :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jawman