New Foo For The Carry

crazycathed

I'm going for a cwp class and am wondering does the firearm have to be concealed? I have a rock Island 1911 and had to buy a S&W 410s because the previous one seems a bit large to carry. what is the most sensible way to carry it? inside the waistband or shoulder rig? also I have relatives who live in kansas and the cwp map says ohio res permits only.does this mean since
i'm a resident of ohio I can carry in kansas?

Last edited:

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
Generally, all you need is a handgun of some sort. It doesn't have to be the one you're going to carry. Check with the school or instructor to be sure.

G

gpbarth

Here in Florida, you usually don't even need a gun. The range I went to (I already had my XD-40), furnished a a pistol as part of the price if you didn't have one. Matter of fact, they also furnished ear protection and safety glasses. BUT - if you are planning on carrying concealed, it's a really good idea to do a lot of practice with the gun you'll be carryng, and be very familiar with it. Lest you shoot yourself or someone else (in the paper a few days ago).

crazycathed

I have to furnish pistol, eyes and ears and 50 rounds. I wont have my 410s paid off by this weekend so I gotta use a big ole hefty 1911 with a muzzle brake. I should be ok with it till I get my little gun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjtallis