Obama says Souter, Breyer, and Ginsburg Are Sensible Judges

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Of course he would say that? You did not actually think for one second that he would be praising the likes of Scalia, Thomas, Roberts, or Alito, did you?

Of course he would say that? You did not actually think for one second that he would be praising the likes of Scalia, Thomas, Roberts, or Alito, did you?
I, in no way, thought that Obama would praise those who stood for what the Constitution really says. I only posted this as a perspective of the two candidates and info as to what can happen in upcoming judicial appointments.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Why the comparisons to Hitler and Stalin? I agree that the idea of Obama in the White House does not exactly enthuse me, but make no mistake about it, he is no Josef Stalin or Adolf Hitler.

I posted this for information, not to start an argument or name calling. Please refrain from this or, I'm sure, the post will be locked.

HK4U

If you will read my post again I did not call Obama anything. I said he would think they were great leaders. Any bureaucrat that would trample under foot our constitution and all of our God given rights and believe that those on the Supreme court that do so are great justices is not someone that would have good judgement in any area or someone I would trust.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I never said that any of you called anybody any names. What I did was ask why the comparisons to Hitler and Stalin? Not just on this thread, but also on several others.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Be afraid.....Be very afraid!
Not quite. If you're a minority, lesbian, midget, handicapped, or somewhow disadvantaged or downtrodden victim of this capitalistic cesspool and reside in San Francisco, then you should be overjoyed, not afraid!

docwatson

For Obama to become a Stalin or Hitler would imply that the entire Constitution has been put aside without a peep. I don't see that happening.

dancingwolf

For Obama to become a Stalin or Hitler would imply that the entire Constitution has been put aside without a peep. I don't see that happening.
The problem is during the next four years the next president will most likely make one or two appointments to the Supreme Court. Remember the Heller decision was won by only one vote - the swing vote of Justice Kennedy. Add one or two more liberal justices and who knows WHAT could happen during the next twenty years! Heller could be overturned, etc. This should make everyone who believes in our basic freedoms afraid.

surfcc

This moron (Obama) is like so many other Libs who took a cue from Bubba Clinton and feel that the Constitution is a "living, breathing document". We all MUST exercise our vote come November......as well as in all local elections. We gun owners are one of the most powerful and influentional voting blocks in the nation. Make your vote count! Apathy is the enemy lurking in the dark.

Surfcc

dancingwolf

This moron (Obama) is like so many other Libs who took a cue from Bubba Clinton and feel that the Constitution is a "living, breathing document". We all MUST exercise our vote come November......as well as in all local elections. We gun owners are one of the most powerful and influentional voting blocks in the nation. Make your vote count! Apathy is the enemy lurking in the dark.

Surfcc
+1
You sir, are absolutely correct.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!

+1 me neither. Furthermore, it would imply that he would round up millions of people and systematically exterminate them. Obama is lots of things, but a megalomaniac is not one of them. Besides, the people in Russia and Germany did not own guns and could not defend themselves against their tormentors. The reason the comparisons to Hitler and Stalin are complete BS is that here, such an act will NOT happen because if it was even attempted, the more than 200 million privately owned firearms in the hands of American citizens would come into play.

Last edited:

Brainchild

+1 me neither. Furthermore, it would imply that he would round up millions of people and systematically exterminate them. Obama is lots of things, but a megalomaniac is not one of them. Besides, the people in Russia and Germany did not own guns and could not defend themselves against their tormentors. The reason the comparisons to Hitler and Stalin are complete BS is that here, such an act will NOT happen because if it was even attempted, the more than 200 million privately owned firearms in the hands of American citizens would come into play.
Um...Tatt,you typically say stuff that makes alot of sense.I enjoy reading your posts most of the time.But I must remind you that the Jews in Germany and Poland had no guns because the nazi government,which was elected,first registered all weapons they possessed,then confiscated them.Never say it can't happen here.Never say it won't happen here.It is our responsibility to make sure it soes not happen here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eyeris87