Obama screws up in Hawaii

The mayor of Honolulu is running for re-election. At the beginning of his commercial there's a clip that was taken from a speach Obama made when he first got to Hawaii. Here's what Obama says "I would like to introduce one of the best mayors, the mayor of Honolulu Mufi Hannema." The MAJOR problem with this is that the mayor's name is "Mufi Hanneman" You would think that if "Barry" cared so much about Hawaii, he'd do his basic research and would know basic stuff like the correct pronounciation of the mayor's name.

Little things like this tell me that he's probably screwing up big time someplace we're not aware of yet. :fie:

gf

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
The mayor of Honolulu is running for re-election. At the beginning of his commercial there's a clip that was taken from a speach Obama made when he first got to Hawaii. Here's what Obama says "I would like to introduce one of the best mayors, the mayor of Honolulu Mufi Hannema." The MAJOR problem with this is that the mayor's name is "Mufi Hanneman" You would think that if "Barry" cared so much about Hawaii, he'd do his basic research and would know basic stuff like the correct pronounciation of the mayor's name.

Little things like this tell me that he's probably screwing up big time someplace we're not aware of yet. :fie:

gf

Kinda like McCain not remembering how many houses he owns.

FN1910

Kinda like McCain not remembering how many houses he owns.

I was out with my cousin one day and he asked me why I was not planting anything in a certain field we were riding by. I looked him and said "Because you own that field". The next day he had someone out plowing in it. I'll bet I can fid you a dozen people in my small city that don't know how many houses they own. If you had asked my grandfather that I'll bet that he would have to stop and count them up.

HK4U

I was out with my cousin one day and he asked me why I was not planting anything in a certain field we were riding by. I looked him and said "Because you own that field". The next day he had someone out plowing in it. I'll bet I can fid you a dozen people in my small city that don't know how many houses they own. If you had asked my grandfather that I'll bet that he would have to stop and count them up.

What got me was Obama did not ask his buddy Ted Kennedy how many house,resort property etc. he and his family has. His father built a large fortune on boot leg whisky and manipulating the stock market. How about many of the other democrats. They are not against wealth. Just any that is not a left leaning elitist having it.

wuzfuz

Obama screws up

Seeing Teddy Kennedy's name mentioned reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw at a gun show, and want to get one of. It says, "My Gun Has Killed Fewer People Than Teddy Kennedy's Car.":yes2:

sailor

And just for kicks, McCain apparently doesn't "own" those houses anyway - He and Cindy have a Pre-Nup agreemant to keep their finances seperate - those are her houses, mainly rentals, so John doesn't have much reason to be "counting houses". Too simple, expecially for 0bama and the media hacks!
sailor

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!

I don't see how.

As for my comment, all I was trying to do was point out that Democrats aren't the only ones who have ditzy moments. McCain certainly has had his share of senior moments, just like Obama has had his share of misstatements; I'm pretty sure we all remember when he mentioned that there were 50-something (I don't remember the exact number he said) primaries? I don't think that misstatements reflect as much on a politician's intelligence (unless of course they're lying) as they do on them just being human.

FN1910

I am not saying that they can't find out or are oblivious to how many they own but if you ask them they would have to count them up and in fact not be totally aware of some. Many are bought as inxestments just as McCaim's and may never have seen them or possibly have partial interest in them. Maybe someone buys a farm and then realizes there are several houses on it, some occupied and some in disrepair. It is very commone around here.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I am not saying that they can't find out or are oblivious to how many they own but if you ask them they would have to count them up and in fact not be totally aware of some. Many are bought as inxestments just as McCaim's and may never have seen them or possibly have partial interest in them. Maybe someone buys a farm and then realizes there are several houses on it, some occupied and some in disrepair. It is very commone around here.

Well, just like I said, it reflects the fact that they're human more so than them being bad people.

boris

hussein can't help it...

he is a screw up. my rear end has more honesty and integrity than he does.

Did not have the auto prompter to read from.:mamba:

One of my friends is a news reporter. She said that there was no tele-propter, but Mr. Obama had a bunch of index cards that he used to scribble down what he was going to say. Apparently the story goes that his own handwriting may have been his undoing. In his haste to scribble down names and such, "Hanneman" appeared to be "Hannemah".

I say that they should have put a nametag on the mayor to help Mr. Obama remember who he was talking to. :tongue:

In any case, what I don't understand is why the folks making the commercial didn't get Mr. Obama to do a voice over to correct the mistake, or simply cut the audio after he said "Mayor Mufi". Being that the mayor is running using mainly his first name, it wouldn't have sounded the least bit odd.

gf

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Who cares? Just like the McCain house gaffe, voters won't be thinking about this when they go to the polls in November.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lindke238