Reply From Senator

Scarecrow

Got a reply from one of my senators about her vote for the attorney general.

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the confirmation of U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder. I understand your concerns.

As you may know, Attorney General Holder was confirmed by the Senate on February 2, 2009. While I understand your opposition to his appointment, I feel he is extremely talented and the best qualified person for the task of heading up the Justice Department.

Attorney General Holder received strong support from former White House officials of several administrations, civil rights organizations, law enforcement organizations, community service support groups, and crimes victims' advocates. He has an outstanding record of service and will serve the people of the United States with integrity. I will monitor Attorney General Holder's performance, and make sure to keep your views in mind should any related legislation come before me for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,

Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

johnsteele

Translated:

I got your letter/email/phone call/fax.

Yada Yada Yada

Please feel free to send me more valueless input, we in the nobility get such a laugh out of this stuff from the peasantry.

"Your" Senator

MI .45

MI .45
I got a very similar (standard response) letter from our other Democratic U.S. Senator, Carl Levin. Eric Holder is just the AG that D. Stabenow and C. Levin are looking for... anti 2nd Amendment.
:mad:

ricbak

Canned answers

It does look like the Michigan Senators did send a "Form Letter" to all of us her in Michigan...

January 27, 2009

Mr. RicBak
Northwest Territories, OC, Mi

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about the nomination of Eric Holder to be the next Attorney General of the United States. I understand your concerns.

Mr. Holder's nomination will come before the Senate Judiciary Committee when the 111th Congress convenes in the new year. I fully expect that my colleagues on this committee will vigorously question Mr. Holder about his background and qualifications. Should this nominee come before me for a vote, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

At least you got a response.

I wrote my rep Rosa DeLauro concerning Geitner, Holder, AND HR 45(?). I received zilch. Needless to say I will be volunteering quite a bit of time this year and next for anyone who decides to run against her. since she is already as anti 2A as is humanly possible, it will be easy to support someone else.

:hang3:

ricbak

I wrote my rep Rosa DeLauro concerning Geitner, Holder, AND HR 45(?). I received zilch. Needless to say I will be volunteering quite a bit of time this year and next for anyone who decides to run against her. since she is already as anti 2A as is humanly possible, it will be easy to support someone else. :hang3:
Stay on her!!! Your certainly not afaid to speak up to one of us if we step out line...LOL AS for Helping out, I too, have decided to get involved against Ms. Stab_me_now over the next year. (She is up for re-election in 2010) I am sure that alot of dems were coattail dems and will not be able to carry there seats in the next elections. It is up to us to make sure that swing does happen. Go get 'er 007!

ADJ423

Here is the letter that I received today from Sen. John Ensign (R,NV).

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the nomination of Eric H. Holder, Jr., for Attorney General of the United States. I appreciate the opinion of every Nevadan and am always grateful to those who take the time to inform me of their views.

As you know, President Obama has selected Eric H. Holder, Jr., to be our next Attorney General. I believe that Mr. Holder was a highly questionable choice. Although he has an extensive résumé and relevant experience, I could not support his appointment to be the chief law enforcement officer in the United States.

Sound ethical judgment and political independence are two qualities required of an Attorney General. Mr. Holder's record and many of his professional decisions gave me serious doubt that he was an appropriate choice for this important position. While Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, Mr. Holder made several decisions that demonstrated a lack of good judgment and an inability to resist political pressure. As Deputy Attorney General, he recommended a pardon for Marc Rich, a fugitive wanted for tax evasion who brokered oil deals with Iran during the Iranian hostage crisis. He also supported clemency for members of a Puerto Rican terrorist group responsible for a New York City restaurant bombing and a bus attack that killed two U.S. Navy sailors and wounded nine others.

In addition, Mr. Holder's position on the Second Amendment and national security is unsettling. Mr. Holder's record indicates that he believes the right to bear arms is a collective right for law enforcement purposes and not an inherent constitutional right for all law-abiding individuals. His support of the District of Columbia's gun ban, recently ruled unconstitutional, and other national gun control laws is very worrisome. Furthermore, Mr. Holder refused to take a position on what to do with prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, an issue that is very contentious and a high priority considering the administration's call to close the prison within the year.

It is my hope that Attorney General Holder will exercise good judgment and work ethically to keep our country safe and enforce our nation's laws. I will monitor his progress to ensure that this happens. The Senate confirmed Mr. Holder on February 2, 2009, by a vote of 75-21.

Once again, thank you for contacting me on this very important issue. Should you have any other questions or would like to sign up for my monthly newsletter, please feel free to write or e-mail me via my website at John Ensign, United States Senator of Nevada: Home.

Sincerely,

JOHN ENSIGN

United States Senator

You got it!!!

Stay on her!!! Your certainly not afaid to speak up to one of us if we step out line...LOL AS for Helping out, I too, have decided to get involved against Ms. Stab_me_now over the next year. (She is up for re-election in 2010) I am sure that alot of dems were coattail dems and will not be able to carry there seats in the next elections. It is up to us to make sure that swing does happen. Go get 'er 007!

Maybe I'll do it Wolverine Style!!!

wolverine8yx.jpg

ricbak

You made my morning, Boomer... I woke up at 3:30 this morning bummen & thinking about two others posts and that GF was right on (Thanks GF) Boomer, You made me laugh. At the same time, it is not funny either. We have to be politely "vicious" congress people. There are certainly enough of us out here that have been quiet too long. Especially me.... I joined the RNC a couple days ago. Time to go to work.

Last edited:

OldOwl

Like banging your head against a wall isn't it. I have been involved with the illegal immigrant issue for a few years, and Know what being talked down to by these so called "public servants" is like. Although I'm from assachusetts, I feel relieved that Ted Kennedy is finally getting his just deserve and will soon be judged by his creator for his crimes against America and humanity.

It's difficult for me to watch this brave woman stand up to her representatives with her morals and convictions, without my eyes watering up. God bless her for her strength and assist her in her cause. I especially love the last line.

What the 2nd Amendment is for

Scarecrow

Here is the letter that I received today from Sen. John Ensign (R,NV).

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding the nomination of Eric H. Holder, Jr., for Attorney General of the United States. I appreciate the opinion of every Nevadan and am always grateful to those who take the time to inform me of their views.

As you know, President Obama has selected Eric H. Holder, Jr., to be our next Attorney General. I believe that Mr. Holder was a highly questionable choice. Although he has an extensive résumé and relevant experience, I could not support his appointment to be the chief law enforcement officer in the United States.

Sound ethical judgment and political independence are two qualities required of an Attorney General. Mr. Holder's record and many of his professional decisions gave me serious doubt that he was an appropriate choice for this important position. While Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton administration, Mr. Holder made several decisions that demonstrated a lack of good judgment and an inability to resist political pressure. As Deputy Attorney General, he recommended a pardon for Marc Rich, a fugitive wanted for tax evasion who brokered oil deals with Iran during the Iranian hostage crisis. He also supported clemency for members of a Puerto Rican terrorist group responsible for a New York City restaurant bombing and a bus attack that killed two U.S. Navy sailors and wounded nine others.

In addition, Mr. Holder's position on the Second Amendment and national security is unsettling. Mr. Holder's record indicates that he believes the right to bear arms is a collective right for law enforcement purposes and not an inherent constitutional right for all law-abiding individuals. His support of the District of Columbia's gun ban, recently ruled unconstitutional, and other national gun control laws is very worrisome. Furthermore, Mr. Holder refused to take a position on what to do with prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, an issue that is very contentious and a high priority considering the administration's call to close the prison within the year.

It is my hope that Attorney General Holder will exercise good judgment and work ethically to keep our country safe and enforce our nation's laws. I will monitor his progress to ensure that this happens. The Senate confirmed Mr. Holder on February 2, 2009, by a vote of 75-21.

Once again, thank you for contacting me on this very important issue. Should you have any other questions or would like to sign up for my monthly newsletter, please feel free to write or e-mail me via my website at John Ensign, United States Senator of Nevada: Home.

Sincerely,

JOHN ENSIGN

United States Senator

nice to see some one got a reasonable reply.

gogriz91

Torch Wielding Villager
Stabenow is a total loss, married to some liberal radio @$$clown she pressing for regulation for for and balanced radio access since Air America was a total loss, she's anti-gun and anti-free speech. Has Michigan reached rock bottom and started digging with their gov, Congressional leadership?

ricbak

Stabenow is a total loss, married to some liberal radio @$$clown she pressing for regulation for for and balanced radio access since Air America was a total loss, she's anti-gun and anti-free speech. Has Michigan reached rock bottom and started digging with their gov, Congressional leadership?

His name is Tom Athans. He has been involved with a couple defunct radio stations. Both of these people are believers in the Fairness Doctrine. An antiquated method of controlling free speech. About a year ago he was making other news...
He admitted to authorities in Troy, Michigan in February 2008 to engaging in a sex act with a prostitute but was never formally charged. On April 3, 2008, Athans made a public statement, "No words can fully express how sorry I am. At the time this incident occurred, I took responsibility for my actions and fully cooperated with law enforcement. My family and I are dealing with this matter in a personal and private way."

ricbak

Ms Stabenow on Gun Issues...

I am more convinced than ever that our State Senator's staff has no clue what thay are doing.... Below are two e-mails from Ms Stabenow's Office subject RE: Constitutional Rights Dated Feb 10, 2k9..
February 10, 2009
Mr. RicBak

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about gun control. I understand your concerns.

I grew up in Clare, Michigan, and many in my family are avid hunters and fishermen. I felt very comfortable growing up with guns in our home and I understand the importance of legal and safe gun ownership. I do not support any efforts to take guns away from law-abiding citizens, but I do support enforcement of laws that prevent minors and criminals from illegally purchasing guns.

My goal is to protect the rights of law abiding citizens, while recognizing the need to protect our children and our families from gun violence and other criminal activity. If we work together, I believe common sense will prevail.

Should related gun control legislation come before the Senate for a vote, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

DS:es

So, Today I recieved the same e-mail with a new subject.. RE: Gun Control with the date of Feb 23, 2k9.....

February 23, 2009

RicBak

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me about gun control. I understand your concerns.

I grew up in Clare, Michigan, and many in my family are avid hunters and fishermen. I felt very comfortable growing up with guns in our home and I understand the importance of legal and safe gun ownership. I do not support any efforts to take guns away from law-abiding citizens, but I do support enforcement of laws that prevent minors and criminals from illegally purchasing guns.

My goal is to protect the rights of law abiding citizens, while recognizing the need to protect our children and our families from gun violence and other criminal activity. If we work together, I believe common sense will prevail.

Should related gun control legislation come before the Senate for a vote, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues that are important to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

DS:es
Amazing... '007 Maybe I should send that Wolverine to Ms Stabenow...

Scarecrow

yeah I really think that not much thought goes into these replies.. nice form letters.. are they supposed to make us feel better? they make me more pissed off.

I have had a little success elsewhere......

When I was living in other places, I found one strategy that seemed to work for me on a couple of important occasions; the personal visit. I would schedule a five minute meeting for the next time my Rep was in town. Asking for only five minutes seems to be the key. I would spend a couple of minutes explaining my point, spend a minute getting their point, and then spend a couple of minutes explaining how, if not fairly represented, I would spend lots of my free time on the streets with signs and/or petitions working for the other guy. Because they had seen me do just that (all the local Dems have space in the same building) that usually got them motivated.

One other thing that I find helpful is this; I am a registered Democrat. I am, at heart, a Ron Paul libertarian. On voting day he and those like him get my vote. Being able to vote in the primary, as well as say to those above mentioned liar.... er..... politicians that I am a registered Democrat, allows me to work a little more effectively for the cause of Liberty. Just my personal strategy.
:pleasantry:

ricbak

New reply from Mr Levin

I recieved a new response from Mr Levin this afternoon... I do not think the Levin team is listening...

Dear Mr. B~:

Thank you for contacting me about gun safety related legislation. I support sensible gun safety laws and strict enforcement of those laws to help stem the tide of crimes committed with firearms. I believe Congress can and should pursue legislative solutions to prevent gun violence without infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens.

I was an original cosponsor of the Brady Law (P.L.103-159), which requires prospective handgun purchasers to undergo criminal background checks before purchasing firearms. Between 1994 and 1999, over 22 million background checks were completed and more than 536,000 felons, fugitives and other prohibited persons were prevented from illegally purchasing firearms. I also support extending the protections of the Brady Law to purchases made at gun shows, thereby closing the loophole that currently permits gun sales without criminal background checks.

I also support increased funding for law enforcement efforts aimed at curbing gun-related crime. I have worked to increase the number of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agents and have supported funding for local prosecutors to target gun-related crimes. Between 1993 and 2000, strengthened enforcement efforts resulted in a 16 percent increase in the number of gun cases filed and a 41 percent increase in the number of offenders sentenced to more than five years in prison nationwide. I will continue to support funding for law enforcement efforts to ensure that our gun laws are strictly enforced.

If you would like to learn more about my views and record on this issue, I encourage you to visit the gun safety section of my website at [http://levin.senate.gov].

Best wishes.

Sincerely,
Carl Levin

W

wolfhunter

I recieved a new response from Mr Levin this afternoon... I do not think the Levin team is listening...

I think the concise version of Mr. Levin's letter would read, " Please vote for omeone else in the next election."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
USNACCS