Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Republicans Shut Out of Stimulus Conference Negotiations
by Connie Hair (more by this author)
Posted 02/11/2009 ET
Updated 02/11/2009 ET

Republicans have caught the Democrats in a midnight “stimulus” power play that seeks to cut Republican conferees out of the House-Senate negotiations to resolve a final version of the Obama “stimulus” package. Staff members from the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) met last night to put together the “stimulus” conference report.

They intend to attempt to shove this $1.3 trillion spending bill through in the dead of the night without Republican input so floor action can take place in both chambers on Thursday.

I spoke with House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence (R-Ind.) moments ago about this latest version of Democratic “bipartisanship.” Pence told me, “I think the American people deserve to know that legislation that would comprise an amount equal to the entire discretionary budget of the United States of America is being crafted without a single House Republican in the room.”

How many Senate RINOs will go along with this? Probably just enough for the Dems to get away with it. The House unanimously passed legislation last night that would require a 48 hour period wherein the legislation would be posted on the internet before a vote. Will Democrats honor that commitment?

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
Oh those sneaky, SNEAKY, under the table, dirty handed dems.....:nono: And why do so many people trust them to run the country again???:confused:

W

wolfhunter

Oh those sneaky, SNEAKY, under the table, dirty handed dems.....:nono: And why do so many people trust them to run the country again???:confused:

They were educated in the public school system, and never learned to think for themselves?

W

wolfhunter

"Mr. Obama, I need a house and a small car for my family." But, I don't want a job, I might miss Oprah.

.45_4me

They were educated in the public school system, and never learned to think for themselves?

+2 And the public screwl systems, they're nothing more than a place for liberal indoctrination! I guarantee in this bill the part about fixing the screwls will usher in much more of this crap! Some bypartisanship! We won, you lost you have no say...What BS!:mad:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jawman