Sudden Outbreaks of Common Sense

gogriz91

Torch Wielding Villager
It was great watching O'Reilly eat ABCs lunch in one of the other videos too. Can't help but point out too how quickly ABC was ready to use the Brady bunch as their source for information.

What kills me is if the Brady bunch, Clintonistas and libs in general would take a more measured, thoughtful and carefully sculpted campaign towards restricting the sale of firearms they'd probably be surprised, to our dismay at how effective they would be. Trying to turn something like an AWB juxtaposed against the Mexican drug war or Va Tech or Binghamton as a need for radical gun control is a real loser, it's one crisis they lack the sense to make hay out of.

rockwerks

Id like to see a suit filed against the statistics of the Brady Bunch and make them stand behind the stats and watch them squirm,

I just dont know if that kind of suit could even be brought?

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
A lawsuit must be predicated upon some violation of law. Most usually, the law used is contract law. That's how you get some smarmy git of a judge suing for a million dollars because the dry cleaner lost his pants, some implicit contract between merchant and customer not to lose customer's property.

There is no contract that I know of which binds the Brady Bunch to tell the truth about inanimate objects, or government statistics. Now, if they start telling lies about a specific individual or company, then that individual or company could bring the full weight and force of libel and.or slander law down on their heads, which is prolly why they don't generally like to talk in specifics.

But a generic lawsuit to force them not to lie? Nope. Might as well sue the moon because your blue cheese dressing wasn't creamy enough.:sarcastic:

Scarecrow

Id like to see a suit filed against the statistics of the Brady Bunch and make them stand behind the stats and watch them squirm,

that would be great if there was some way to get it to happen.

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
The first in what I hope to be a long string of public truths on a MSM network, but I won't hold my breath. Here is what needs to be made public: 1. the number of legal adult residents in this country who have never committed a crime. 2. the number of residents (adult or minor) in this country (legal or illegal, because they both can obtain illegal weapons) who have committed a crime. 3. the odds of a law that "saves one life" vs. a God given right that defends how many lives annually? The good guys outnumber the bad, period. To paraphrase "arm them all and let God sort them out"

gogriz91

Torch Wielding Villager

Me too but a better and more likely scenario is to discredit them in a very public way, they have to lose credibility in some way shape or form in a public manner.

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
They always go on about "If it saves one life..." Do what this guy did. Take them to task on it. "Well, if your parole boards would stop paroling these violent, recidivist felons who commit all the crime with guns, that would save a lot of lives and not cost any more money for government computer clearing houses of faulty information that don't work and wouldn't encumber law abiding Americans exercising a Constitutionally protected right."

They also still love to trot out the old saw of comparing gun ownership to car ownership, "We require people to register their cars. Why don't we require people to register their guns?"

"Well, driving a car isn't mentioned in the Constitution like gun ownership is. Gun ownership is a right. Automobile driving is a privilege, that's why you CAN register cars. As for the 'if it just saves one life" mantra, that would mean before it was proper to start registering guns for safety purposes, we would first have to be registering all bodies of open water, since people drown more often than they are shot; all flammable materials, since more people are injured by fire than are injured by firearms; and all carcinogens, since more people are taken by cancer than are taken by murder with a gun. By all means, once you've achieved those ends, you come back and we can see about registering firearms."

fuhr52

Name one country that has tight gun control and has less crime than we do? Name one State that has tight gun control that has less crime than a gun friendly State? I think you will find there aren't any.

CathyInBlue

Tool Maker
Was just watching Castle on ABC and they had a promo for a "news exposé" they plan for Friday evening's episode of 20/20, it's entitled, If I Only Had a Gun. Apparently, they plan to take novice gun handlers and put them without training into high pressure scenarioes with paintball pistols and show how veteran gun owners with months and years of training can't possibly handle self-defense with a firearm. It looks to be a complete hatchet job.

If unsure, just check out the 20/20 series web page right now: Watch '20/20' Friday Nights at 10 p.m. - ABC News

HK4U

Was just watching Castle on ABC and they had a promo for a "news exposé" they plan for Friday evening's episode of 20/20, it's entitled, If I Only Had a Gun. Apparently, they plan to take novice gun handlers and put them without training into high pressure scenarioes with paintball pistols and show how veteran gun owners with months and years of training can't possibly handle self-defense with a firearm. It looks to be a complete hatchet job.

If unsure, just check out the 20/20 series web page right now: Watch '20/20' Friday Nights at 10 p.m. - ABC News
Yes I think we pretty much know how this is going to go. Another propaganda piece from the gun grabbers.

ricbak

I think HK is right and that this report is going to one of many to come in a attempt to prep America for a AWB. I don't think taking note of the sponsors and sending them notes that their attitudes have been noted and that will have a serious reflection on our spending habits will do much good.

FN1910

I just watched the promo and the part where they gave the fellow $5,000 to go buy guns at a guns show is scary to both pros and antis. The gunshow loophole is BS as it has nothing to do with gun shows but plays up the ability of anyone to buy a gun in a private sale. The way they described the sale is completely illegal but I am afraid that it goes on all the time. It is how BG's get guns in a lot of cases and is probably going to lead to some changes in the law. As Elmer Fudd used to say, "be afraid, be vewy afraid".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackSwampLeather