Texas Working on Plan For Potential Collapse of Mexican Government

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
From The El Paso Times last week; this is apparently the article Glenn Beck intends to reference on his show Monday:

AUSTIN — Texas officials are working on a plan to respond to a potential collapse of the Mexican government and the specter of thousands fleeing north in fear for their lives after recent reports indicated the country could be on the verge of chaos.

“You hope for the best, plan for the worst,” Katherine Cesinger, spokeswoman for Gov. Rick Perry, said last week. “At this point, we’ve got a contingency plan that’s in development.”

The difference in Leadership between Louisiana (D) and Texas (R)
Late last year the U.S. Department of Defense issued a report that listed Pakistan and Mexico as countries that could rapidly collapse. The report came after similar alarms sounded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and former U.S. drug czar Barry McCaffrey. “I think their fears are well-grounded,” Texas Home land Security Director Steve McCraw told lawmakers recently at a border security briefing.

Lawmakers expressed concern that the state’s southern neighbor, embroiled in drug violence and facing uncertain economic conditions, could send thousands north in search of safety.

State Sen. Dan Patrick, R-Sugarland, asked McCraw at the meeting whether Texas had a plan to cope with such a situation. “We have a preliminary plan,” McCraw said. “There needs to be one in place.”

McCraw, a Perry appointee, was unavailable to comment for this story, but Cesinger said the plan was in early stages. It now deals with only law enforcement concerns, she said, and not any potential crush of humanitarian needs the state might face if thousands of refugees flood across the border. “That might be something that comes into consideration as it’s developed,” Cesinger said.

Destabilization in Mexico might be only a remote possibility, but lawmakers said preparing for any potential disaster is prudent.

State Sen. John Carona, R-Dallas, said Texas should plan to deal with not only security concerns but also basic needs refugees would have for housing, health care and food. “It seems very far-fetched that something like this could occur,” he said. “At the same time, I think it would be naive to believe it’s impossible.” El Paso Democratic state Sen. Eliot Shapleigh said El Paso is already seeing refugees from the violence in Juárez.

More than 1,600 died in the drug violence there last year, and the bloodbath continues. More than 200 people have been slain so far this year. Nearly 50 victims of the violence in Juárez were shuttled to Thomason Hospital for treatment last year. And Shapleigh said many people from Juárez who can afford to are moving north to El Paso.

Developing a contingency plan to deal with a potential Mexican downfall makes sense, he said. “Better to investigate, examine and plan now, rather than make ad hoc decisions later,” Shapleigh said.

Last edited by a moderator:

HK4U

“You hope for the best, plan for the worst,” Katherine Cesinger, spokeswoman for Gov. Rick Perry, said last week. “At this point, we’ve got a contingency plan that’s in development.”

That is what I am doing. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

HK4U

That is what I am doing. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

Cooter

Liberty or Death
Yeah, but when the government stocks up on weapons and food, it's for National Security.
When we stock up, we are terrrorists.

Time to annex!

I believe that we should announce a plan to annex Mexico if the government fails.

That should put a spring in the step of the Mexican government and get them moving in a positive direction. If they fail to take control of the situation, and the government does collapse, then we solve several problems in one go. First, no more illegal Mexican aliens, because now they have the rights and the responsibilities of the rest of us. Second, our new, much shorter southern border with Guatemala and Belize would be considerably easier to defend. Third, there are lots of resources in Mexico that I believe the United States would be able to exploit to help all of us.

Plus, maybe we might finally have a chance in the World Cup! :sarcastic:

Gotta disagree, Scarecrow.

that would make it one step closer to a north american union

A north american union would be forcing the United States and her people to bend to the will of an extra-sovereign group of laws. Instead, by annexing, we would be bringing more states into the union that met OUR standards. They're here anyway; let's make'em pay taxes for the privilege.

FOXBARON

How about set up a 25 mile wide "no man's land seperated every five miles with barbed wire prison fences and various threats they have to get by like land mines, dogs, machine gun fire, lions, tigers and bears, an alligator moat or whatever. Anyone that makes it through automatically gets ctizenship.

Piece Corps

After perusing the titles of the threads up here, and stumbling aupon this one, I think that we should start a new, similar thread, aptly titled:

Patriots Working on Plan For Potential Collapse of United States Government

HK4U

After perusing the titles of the threads up here, and stumbling aupon this one, I think that we should start a new, similar thread, aptly titled:

Patriots Working on Plan For Potential Collapse of United States Government

I think our federal government is already working on that. I think they call it martial law or something like that.

Brainchild

It seems to me that we should finish that #($&#&$( fence across the border,electrify it,post guard towers every so often, and maybe landmines 100 yards back.No,we should NOT @&$%^#& prepare to meet the housing and food needs of refugees from Mexico.We did not create the problems in their country,they and their government did.Let them stay and clean up their own mess.
:mad:

FOXBARON

Perhaps it is time the Mexican people had their own Revolutionary War and overthrow their current government.

We, as a Country can support them and when it is over we can give them a copy of our Constitution that they could make their own.

Don't you all find it strange that with all the different revolutions that have occurred around the world that not one country has had enough smarts to just copy our Constitution and model themsleves after us. How much more advanced would they be if they did?

Just goes to show you that we, or at least our founding fathers, are/were smarter than the average bear and is why we lead the world and the world had best hope we stay in the lead.

May I present: Taiwan!!!

Don't you all find it strange that with all the different revolutions that have occurred around the world that not one country has had enough smarts to just copy our Constitution and model themsleves after us. How much more advanced would they be if they did?

Taiwan modeled their constitution after ours. They also developed a government very similar to ours, with the exception of a two more branches (more checks and balances).

As Foxbaron states, this has allowed Taiwan to achieve an economy and influence far in excess of its size. It has a free people that have, across a small strait of water from a huge, aggressive communist military superpower, maintained their liberty and freedom.

The problem, in my very humble opinion, is that we talk about freedom and liberty and human rights, but we actually put our backing behind the money. Taiwan has done things exactly the way we said they should, but Mao's "Peoples' Republic" gets most favored nation status.

ugarolla

All this is directly related to drugs. These are dug czars creating this violence in Juarez and other cities. Where do you think these drugs are going? Mexico City? No these drugs are headed to the U.S. The root of the problem is we have a naive dug policy. We seem to think that if we make something illegal it just magically disappears even if its been around for 1,000 years. That's the same argument as saying that if we ban guns crime will decrease. We all know that is B.S. It would just create a huge black market and all the bad guys would dominate the gun trade. Anyways, we need a more realistic drug policy that doesn't pretend drugs will just go away and deals with them in a way that takes the power from the drug cartels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tactical Billy