The 2nd amendment march (AKA million shooter march)

rockwerks

It is time for us to stand up for what we believe in and show solidarity. I wonder what it would take to put together a million shooter march. I cant afford a long vacation but Id pay my way to march!

Just think of it 1,000,000 gun owners marching on the capitol in defense of the 2nd.

Rick O'Shay

It is time for us to stand up for what we believe in and show solidarity. I wonder what it would take to put together a million shooter march. I cant afford a long vacation but Id pay my way to march!

Just think of it 1,000,000 gun owners marching on the capitol in defense of the 2nd.

Send the idea to the NRA.

Rick O'Shay

Now that I think about it it is a bad idea.

There would be HUNDREDS of folks arrested for carrying illegally in D.C., and that would be very bad PR for us.

rockwerks

Now that I think about it it is a bad idea.

There would be HUNDREDS of folks arrested for carrying illegally in D.C., and that would be very bad PR for us.

Why would that be? you dont think that we have the restraint to not carry when we are not supposed to? If that is the case then maybe they are right, maybe its time to give up the guns

I have great faith in the NRA, GOA and others. We tout ourselves to be the most safe and sane group in america its time to prove it

Rick O'Shay

Why would that be? you dont think that we have the restraint to not carry when we are not supposed to? If that is the case then maybe they are right, maybe its time to give up the guns

I have great faith in the NRA, GOA and others. We tout ourselves to be the most safe and sane group in america its time to prove it

In Washington City? Good Lord Man! I wouldn't set foot in that city without SOME protection. It might only be a knife, but there would be too many other zealots just HOPING for a court case. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but the Drive-By Media would not treat this sort of thing kindly.

After I thought about it I decided it is a BAD idea. Don't forget the media is hostile to us.

rockwerks

In Washington City? Good Lord Man! I wouldn't set foot in that city without SOME protection. It might only be a knife, but there would be too many other zealots just HOPING for a court case. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but the Drive-By Media would not treat this sort of thing kindly.

After I thought about it I decided it is a BAD idea. Don't forget the media is hostile to us.

If you are too frightened to band with your brothers to promote the 2nd then you are part of the problem.

A peaceful organized march is just what the media would hate and the administration also.

Tex4oc

Patriot 1st
C'mon really, I mean if a million of us WERE armed marching on the Capitol, who'd arrest us. But that isn't practical is it, or convenient, or safe, or rational.

Piece Corps

Hmmmm...just posted this in another thread. No way we could all march in D.C. armed. Besides, out of approx. 4M members of the NRA, I doubt that 25% of them carry concealed. Makes no differrence - we show up without our armament, several million strong, we make a real difference. First thing, it would choke D.C. big-time. Secondly, it would definitely get the media interested. And primarily, those in office who need to get re-elected 24 months from now would be served notice that they're on their way out if they support the emasculation of the 2nd Amendment.

As I said in the "other thread," give me a date, and I'll be there. Matter of fact, we form a database of people who want to go, and car-pool or charter busses. NRA must have some idea like this, they must!

cmclairday2

I think a good step is contact with our elected officials. I seriously doubt that a million of us have done that yet. I would hope everyone here has contacted their reps and senators, but the number represented by this forum represents only a small percentage of American owners. Of the 4 million NRA members out there, how many do you figure just like to get a magazine and free stickers. The fact is, most people choose to ignore what's going on in the world around them, and will be ready when the time comes to give up their guns like good subjects if Uncle Obama's henchmen come knocking. If we arranged a march into Washington, we could make a great statement. But if its publicized as the million shooter march, and 2500 people show up, it would be more damaging to our public image than helpful, simply because our voice would appear much smaller than the NRA or GOA would like Washington to believe. Lets encourage everyone to take the small steps first, get active in writing, get out there and vote, and defend the second ammendment anytime you can.

rockwerks

C'mon really, I mean if a million of us WERE armed marching on the Capitol, who'd arrest us. But that isn't practical is it, or convenient, or safe, or rational.

Armed? who said anything about armed! It would be unarmed of course we are marching to protect the right not to violate the law.

rockwerks

Hmmmm...just posted this in another thread. No way we could all march in D.C. armed. Besides, out of approx. 4M members of the NRA, I doubt that 25% of them carry concealed. Makes no differrence - we show up without our armament, several million strong, we make a real difference. First thing, it would choke D.C. big-time. Secondly, it would definitely get the media interested. And primarily, those in office who need to get re-elected 24 months from now would be served notice that they're on their way out if they support the emasculation of the 2nd Amendment.

As I said in the "other thread," give me a date, and I'll be there. Matter of fact, we form a database of people who want to go, and car-pool or charter busses. NRA must have some idea like this, they must!

MAN LOOSE THE ARMED PART! This is a peaceful march to protect the 2nd not parade weapons illegally.

HK4U

Sounds like a good plan but I am not sure how many people we could really get to come. Heck we could not even get enough people to vote against the Obamanation to keep that Marxist out of office.

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
We would most certainly be picketed by anti groups, etc... We would just have to ignore and demonstrate peacefully. Can't afford to have any pro gunners arrested.:nono:

Let the anti's be the ones who get arrested during the march... sure enough there will be a few knuckleheads that do get locked up. They can certainly be militant at times.

Last edited:

rockwerks

We would most certainly be picketed by anti groups, etc... We would just have to ignore and demonstrate peacefully. Can't afford to have any pro gunners arrested.:nono:

Let the anti's be the ones who get arrested during the march... sure enough there will be a few knuckleheads that do get locked up. They can certainly be militant at times.

DING, DING, DING, We have a winner! That is exactly what is needed several of the Brady Bunch arrested for disturbing a peaceful march! Right now we are looked upon as extremists and the Brady bunch as common sense, that is exactly what we need to change, that change will come about through peaceful demonstration and dialogue with those that are ignorant to the facts.

I myself have turned several individuals from pro 100% gun ban to CPL carriers, it is not that difficult if you are nice polite and give them facts for them to research and dispute. They quickly see the anti gun movement is and anti freedom movement and the so called fact projected by the Brady Bunch and others are all smoke and mirrors

rockwerks

Sounds like a good plan but I am not sure how many people we could really get to come. Heck we could not even get enough people to vote against the Obamanation to keep that Marxist out of office.

You are talking 2 very different items. I know more Democrats in AZ and Washington that own guns that do not.

Finding people to support the 2nd is not the same as keeping a politician out of office.

I vote "Yes".

After hearing the well reasoned arguments on both sides, I would have to agree with a giant, peaceful march. I think that if the big national organizations like the NRA, GOA, etc. could come up with sponsorship and an outline for the march we could reasonably expect at least a million supporters. Of course, we would need to self-police and make sure that any knuckleheads known to us personally do not violate the spirit of the march. It would also be up to each of us to stay calm, and calm others, in the face of all of the probably instigation and attempts to make us react.

Sign me up! I'll be there.

HK4U

You are talking 2 very different items. I know more Democrats in AZ and Washington that own guns that do not.

Finding people to support the 2nd is not the same as keeping a politician out of office.

That is my point. A lot of people that claim to be gun owners either did not vote or voted for the most rabid anti gun President we have ever seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tactical Billy