The Castle Doctrine & your State

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
A really good resource regarding the Castle Doctrine and the States that have adopted it. Useful information regarding each State and their individual codes. NOTE, not all states have adopted it.

Caslte doctrine law .. know your self defense rights

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I did not look at every state, only my state, but only after reading the info there did I discover that my state's Castle Doctrine law allows for the protection of both life and property. That's good to know!

createdeemcee

Thanks Glockster,

I am officially happy that no matter how crappy MD's gun laws are, we still have a bonified castle doctrine here, it's one of the oldest in our country, and Im sure saves more than a few lives a year. And like you Tatt, we can protect our property as well, just a twist on the law. If its night time you may kill the intruder be cause its considered possible burglery. If its during the daytime (trespassing) you may point and fire warning shots untill attacked, then shoot the assailant. So daytime is considered a basic trespass that doesnt warrant being shot. haha My uncles a judge in baltimore city for the states circuit. He found an unlucky man in his home a few weeks ago and the guy was out of the window before he could get his first shot off. He's always a preparred man.

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Thanks Glockster,

I am officially happy that no matter how crappy MD's gun laws are, we still have a bonified castle doctrine here, it's one of the oldest in our country, and Im sure saves more than a few lives a year. And like you Tatt, we can protect our property as well, just a twist on the law. If its night time you may kill the intruder be cause its considered possible burglery. If its during the daytime (trespassing) you may point and fire warning shots untill attacked, then shoot the assailant. So daytime is considered a basic trespass that doesnt warrant being shot. haha My uncles a judge in baltimore city for the states circuit. He found an unlucky man in his home a few weeks ago and the guy was out of the window before he could get his first shot off. He's always a preparred man.
Is your uncle one of the fortunate few in the PRMD who has been able to obtain a carry permit?

As for the Castle Doctrine law, I did not know that PRMD of all places had one. In that case, it's not as horrible as I previously thought it was.

G

gpbarth

This is why I like Florida's law:

(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

No "Castle Doctrine" needed in Fla. If you have a right to be there, you have no duty to retreat, period!

createdeemcee

Is your uncle one of the fortunate few in the PRMD who has been able to obtain a carry permit?
Why yes he is one of the lucky few, but he also recieves many death threats and was shot at in the 80's. I wish he could have maid an example out of his intruder that only scored a 6.00$ worth of change, and my aunts necklace.

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Why yes he is one of the lucky few, but he also recieves many death threats and was shot at in the 80's. I wish he could have maid an example out of his intruder that only scored a 6.00$ worth of change, and my aunts necklace.
Awesome! It's unfortunate that it takes a threat against one's life for the state to recognize the right to self defense.

createdeemcee

Awesome! It's unfortunate that it takes a threat against one's life for the state to recognize the right to self defense.
Very true, I hope one day America is shall issue for all 50 states, the statistcs involving guns in California is astounding. Let the law abiders carry and problem solved.

caldwelljoe

Createdeemcee,

You wrote" I am officially happy that no matter how crappy MD's gun laws are, we still have a bonified castle doctrine here, it's one of the oldest in our country, and Im sure saves more than a few lives a year."

You left out the most retarded part. Marylanders may buy and keep machineguns, but can't dream of legally carrying a gun for self protection. There is something so perverse about that?

createdeemcee

You left out the most retarded part. Marylanders may buy and keep machineguns, but can't dream of legally carrying a gun for self protection. There is something so perverse about that?
I whole heartedly agree. It is actually not to terrably hard to obtain an MD liscence.Three notorized assault threats or voice mails. Proof of mental compotentcy and thats the most round about way. Next is be a business owner who travels with cash, Most women can easily attain one with a history of violence to them in the past. I know we arent as free as others, but there are worse places.:secret:

G

gpbarth

I whole heartedly agree. It is actually not to terrably hard to obtain an MD liscence.Three notorized assault threats or voice mails. Proof of mental compotentcy and thats the most round about way. Next is be a business owner who travels with cash, Most women can easily attain one with a history of violence to them in the past. I know we arent as free as others, but there are worse places.:secret:
Hey, what a neat idea. For a small fee, I'll be willing to send you the required "threats" via a foreign e-mail repeater (hence no tracking). Let me know if you want to obtain a license, and I'll start threatening you, by e-mail or phone call - your choice.

Disclaimer: This is a parody message and should not be taken seriously!:cool:

createdeemcee

Hey, what a neat idea. For a small fee, I'll be willing to send you the required "threats" via a foreign e-mail repeater (hence no tracking). Let me know if you want to obtain a license, and I'll start threatening you, by e-mail or phone call - your choice.

Disclaimer: This is a parody message and should not be taken seriously!
Sounds like a deal bro, But that would be pretty much all it would take to get one. I run a small business and am planning on applying after I produce some money records, I should be better off that way.

:victory:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karidor