Pack-N-Go CCW Trip Planner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pack-N-Go CCW Trip Planner

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Just to be sure, you are referring to their map, not the one here on USA Carry, correct?
    No need to worry Luke, it's not us he's talking about. Your map does not currently need any changes made to it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Just to be sure, you are referring to their map, not the one here on USA Carry, correct?
    Yes. I am referring to the one on Welcome to CarryConcealed.net

could some one break this down for me, It probably sounds like a dumb question but I could use some clarification. I was browsing the pack n go site and came across this statement: "Fully preempted open carry permitted on foot and in vehicles with a license; localities fully preempted."
    Does this mean you can open carry, unless a local law preempts it?
    Also, the with a license part, is that a specific gun license, or since it refers to in vehicles is it a drivers license?

Thanks

Thanks for posting this. I am going on a hog hunt in Tx. And didn't know about Ark. Tx. laws
    My CCW is from Mo. and didn't want to afined any body in Ark. or Tx.

Doesn't this do pretty much the same thing as our Multi-State Permit Map? By selecting which state you have a permit in, you can see where your are allowed and not.
    Yes, the USACARRY maps do give the same information. BUT, I do like the way the Pack-N-Go map breaks down the information by state... for example...

Your Pack-N-Go Trip Planner Results
    Traveling from Texas, through New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana; with a Non-Residential Florida CCW Permit:

1. Texas (Your Starting State): This State DOES Honor Your CCW Permit.
    2. New Mexico: This State DOES Honor Your CCW Permit.
    3. Arizona: This State DOES Honor Your CCW Permit.
    4. Colorado: This State DOES NOT Honor Your CCW Permit. Colorado IS an Open Carry State. Open carry permitted generally by state law, but lacks preemption or entails significant restrictions. See OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!.
    5. Oklahoma: This State DOES Honor Your CCW Permit.
    6. Arkansas: This State DOES Honor Your CCW Permit.
    7. Louisiana (Your Ending State): This State DOES Honor Your CCW Permit.

(Source)
    So for my trip, I can CC in every state except Colorado. BUT, what's cool is that the Pack-N-Go map provides the additional information that although CO does not honor my CCW—CO IS an Open Carry state! So, I can simply Open Carry while in CO. That's cool! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

You may want to keep in mind that carryconcealed.net hasn't been updated in a very long time from what I can tell.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

8. Thats a very helpful planner!

Quote Originally Posted by jsnole View Post
    Thats a very helpful planner!
    Not when it is out of date. You just get incorrect info.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

You may want to keep in mind that carryconcealed.net hasn't been updated in a very long time from what I can tell.

It is seriously out of date and can get you a felony conviction if you depend on it to find out where you can carry.

Examples
    WV now honors non resident VA permit. Carryconcealed says it is not.
    NV no longer honors either FL or UT CCW. Carryconcealed says NV still honors those states

I have sent the site admin requestws to update. no reply-no updates either.

use at your own risk. The best place to get correct info is the state AG or state police sites.

11. Yep, its out of date. I wont bet my CCW on it, but, if they get it up to date, it would be a very helpful planner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12