where to store gun in WA visiting Canada

Thread: where to store gun in WA visiting Canada

where to store gun in WA visiting Canada

Hi. I'll be visiting BC, Canada, for a few days by car in a few weeks. I have US concealed weapon permits for many States including WA. I'd like to know some US places near the border where I can store my handgun for those few days. I might be crossing near Blaine, but also possibly near Oroville. I have done this before at Ferry crossings, but not in cities/towns near the border.

Thanks.

Lester

20 Aug 10
    I found places by the border by doing a few google searches, and following a few leads to leads.
    Last edited by ingber; 08-20-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: found answer

I read a similar question about storing firearms while on vacation. Someone suggested a PAWN Shop. Might cost you a little extra but you know they'll be there at least within the next thirty days.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I read a similar question about storing firearms while on vacation. Someone suggested a PAWN Shop. Might cost you a little extra but you know they'll be there at least within the next thirty days.
    An out of state resident would not be able to redeem their gun from a pawn shop. A 4473 and NICS check is required for redemption and NICS would deny the transaction immediately to an out of state resident, regardless of if they were the original owner of the gun.

5. Canada sucks. I great to be an American!! Pretty Place but the government screws it up.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

This is where I was able to leave my gun.

Yorky's Market
    1307 Boblett St, Blaine, WA 98230
    (360) 332-4341 ‎

You need to bring a LOCK with you to lock it in the lockers they have upstairs. Also let them know how long it will be before you come back to get it . They have a sign that says 2 days but I asked if I could leave it there Friday till Monday and they told me that it was ok. I would have loved to find out if the sheriff would hold my gun for me but took my chances leaving it locked up there and it was there when I returned. I did take the firring pin and barrel with me into Canada. I had them placed in my backpack. I was never asked about them so I don't know if it would be a problem or not. Some one did call the police on me when I got my gun from the locker and went back to my truck to put it together. I don't know if he was called because of me or if someone was leaving there gun there on the way into Canada. I heard him tell the lady that she was going to see people with guns there because they are leaving them there so not to break Canada's laws about firearms. He didn't bother me at all so I would take it that they are used to people calling about a man / woman with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Canada sucks. I great to be an American!! Pretty Place but the government screws it up.
    Hey You're making it sound like the US government doesn't suck. Why is it that we all have the right to bear arms but each state gets to say whether or not we can carry in their state. Our government is still F*@$% up and will stay that way until we can carry our guns across the entire United States. Right now the only ones allowed to do that are LEO's and as the saying goes one bad apple spoils the lot. You will hardly ever hear of an officer that goes out of their way to help people but you are bound to hear about the bad one who beats a suspect to death or misuses their power for sexual favors. Just from those 2 descriptions I am sure many are able to call the name of an officer that was charged with those crimes. But not many can name an officer that goes beyond there duty to help. And I know that there are many who do but don't get any credit for it due to the corrupt ones stealing the spotlight.
    Last edited by Kasper; 09-28-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Spelling error [get any credit for it (d) to the corrupt ones stealing the spotlight.]

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Hey You're making it sound like the US government doesn't suck. Why is it that we all have the right to bear arms but each state gets to say whether or not we can carry in their state. Our government is still F*@$% up and will stay that way until we can carry our guns across the entire United States. Right now the only ones allowed to do that are LEO's and as the saying goes one bad apple spoils the lot. You will hardly ever hear of an officer that goes out of their way to help people but you are bound to hear about the bad one who beats a suspect to death or misuses their power for sexual favors. Just from those 2 descriptions I am sure many are able to call the name of an officer that was charged with those crimes. But not many can name an officer that goes beyond there duty to help. And I know that there are many who do but don't get any credit for it due to the corrupt ones stealing the spotlight.
    I am American and I love Alanis Morrisette, Colin Mochrie, Bill Shatner, Michael Fox and the rest of the fine people from there. The 'Canada Sucks' Comment was immature and probably wasn't worth the time dealing with.

Shoot Straight, BA