contents allowed in flight case. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: contents allowed in flight case.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    I canít argue with facts, so be it. I just donít trust union workers or the government workers most of those SOB are dishonest. Think about itÖ union = scum= dishonest= thugs= Chicago= Obama and why would you chance sending jewelry in the hands of scum. I would send it private and insure as necessary. Don't think for one second they do not open you luggage.
    Thankfully we're talking firearms here. For airline travel, these MUST be locked with non-TSA locks. Only the passenger can have the key to the locks. When they open them for inspection, you will almost always be there to watch (very rarely you will not have that option, maybe one flight in 50, depending on the airport).

If you have jewelry to ship on the plane, you can include a flare gun or other device and receive the same requirements/precautions as with an actual firarm.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    I also had the smaller case locked to the rail inside the suitcase.
    The TSA agent that inspected my bag said the lock did not have to be TSA approved because no one else would be looking in my bag.
    The only chance you take by locking the outside bag with a non-TSA lock is that IF they want to inspect the luggage, they WILL inspect the luggage and for the rest of the trip your non-TSA lock will be included inside your luggage in at least two pieces and your luggage will travel the rest of the trip unlocked. I would conjecture, without proof, that non-TSA locks on luggage probably increases the chance of the bag being chosen for a "random" inspection - just my tinfoil hat thinking, though.

I agree with everything Islander has said so far.

I've lived my story as told.
    All locks and contents were as I left them when I recovered it at baggage claim.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    I've lived my story as told.
    All locks and contents were as I left them when I recovered it at baggage claim.

YMMV
    I sent a 4" Buck Knife with a 3" blade through security on three different times in my laptop bag. Didn't know it was in there!

But my statements address what one should do, not what can be done.

6. I'm getting ready for an upcoming trip, which will involve flying. I just picked up one of these Secure-It safes: Cabela's: Secure-It Key-Operated Handgun Storage Safe
    It's a tight fit but it complies with TSA and FAA requirements, and it has a cable to lock it into the baggage frame...

That's pretty much what I used in my luggage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12