florida to pennsylvannia

Thread: florida to pennsylvannia

1. florida to pennsylvannia

Hey guys,
    I'm going to be taking a trip from florida to PA. Ive gotten things straight for all the states that I will pass through except maryland and DC. What am I supposed to do in those states as I pass through(I will not be staying in those states, just driving through)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by guitargm19 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm going to be taking a trip from florida to PA. Ive gotten things straight for all the states that I will pass through except maryland and DC. What am I supposed to do in those states as I pass through(I will not be staying in those states, just driving through)? Thanks.
    Plan your trip so that you will be able to stop before you reach Maryland so you can place the UNLOADED gun in a case and in the trunk with ammo seperate. Also, I would keep the mags unloaded. I would also fill up in Virginia so I won't have to stop for any reason. Have a safe trip!

Rick.

4. thanks

I assume that would be good advice for going through DC also. I appreciate the reply. Any thing else I should look out for?

I like the advice to stop for gas beforehand, so you don't have to stop for any reason. Especially hope you don't stop to spend a dime in any non-free state. Hopefully we can all do that to put a little economic pressure on those states or towns.

Have a great trip!

Quote Originally Posted by guitargm19 View Post
    I assume that would be good advice for going through DC also. I appreciate the reply. Any thing else I should look out for?
    Technically....as long as you stay on I-95/I-495...also known as the Capital Beltway...you wont be going thru DC.

7. good point

Depending on where you are going in PA, you may want to consider traveling on I-81. This route will limit your exposure in MD to less than half an hour, and you will be no where near DC. (Do not skip locking your gun in the trunk, regardless of the short time) We make this trip at least twice a year and always go this way, even though it's a little longer. Safe travel.