Just made my first trip with a handgun - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just made my first trip with a handgun

I'm not sure how I feel about taking my guns with me.... I just pack knives. Won't feel as bad if they lose my bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Well, I'm going to find out what it's like to fly with a sidearm. Going to see family in SC in a few weeks and will be coming back with a free S&W Model 15 .38 special courtesy of my dad...
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Well, I'm going to find out what it's like to fly with a sidearm. Going to see family in SC in a few weeks and will be coming back with a free S&W Model 15 .38 special courtesy of my dad...
    Cool! So you and dad in South Carolina are residents of the same state then?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    No.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    No.
    What you seem to be suggesting that you are going to do is a violation of Federal law.

United States Code: Title 18,922. Unlawful acts | LII / Legal Information Institute

922. Unlawful acts

(a) It shall be unlawful-

(3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State

(5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Then I guess I won't.

8. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Chances of getting caught = next to none. Still illegal, though = 100%.

No, thanks for the heads up!

10. Your dad can ship the handgun to a New Mexico FFL for transfer to you. Or your dad can take the handgun to a SC FFL who can mail the gun to a NM FFL for transfer to you.

We've discussed the above a few times....

Thanks for looking out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast