Driving past schools with my gun on me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Driving past schools with my gun on me?

  1. #21
    OK, So I think the answer to my quesion is, I am legal driving by the school with my CCW. BUT if I am in danger of my life by a bad person, I CAN NOT defend myself with my weapon.I can point it at him but not fire it.In that case"THAT WOULD GET ME KILLED BY THE BAD GUY". I would just have to be at the mercy of the bogey man and leave my weapon holstered so I would not go to jail myself for firing my legal CCW.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by GregsSmiths View Post
    OK, So I think the answer to my quesion is, I am legal driving by the school with my CCW. BUT if I am in danger of my life by a bad person, I CAN NOT defend myself with my weapon.I can point it at him but not fire it.In that case"THAT WOULD GET ME KILLED BY THE BAD GUY". I would just have to be at the mercy of the bogey man and leave my weapon holstered so I would not go to jail myself for firing my legal CCW.


    Not true. Where did you see that or get that idea?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Not true. Where did you see that or get that idea?
    "acting in self defense" is not listed as an exception...

    (3)(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B), it shall be
    unlawful for any person, knowingly or with reckless
    disregard for the safety of another, to discharge or
    attempt to discharge a firearm that has moved in or
    that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce
    at a place that the person knows is a school zone.
    (B) Subparagraph (A) shall does not apply to the discharge
    of a firearmó
    (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
    (ii) as part of a program approved by a school in the school
    zone, by an individual who is participating in the
    program;
    (iii) by an individual in accordance with a contract
    entered into between a school in a school zone and the
    individual or an employer of the individual; or
    (iv) by a law enforcement officer acting in his or her
    official capacity.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    "acting in self defense" is not listed as an exception...

    No, it is not an exception, but it is an affirmative defense.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast