Concealed but Accessible in Truck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed but Accessible in Truck

Concealed but Accessible in Truck

In the state of MO a loaded handgun can be carried, out of sight, in your vehicle. I have my CCW as well.

I finally found a great solution for concealed-but-accessible in my Yukon. A piece of 2" wide aluminum, one screw in the dash, a 90 degree bend, and tucked behind the carpet near the firewall. See the pictures.

The holster is a Blackhawk Serpa. i merely drilled the aluminum and used the screws that came with the holster to attach it. it is secured by the holster and easily accessible over my right foot.

3. Sent you a PM... or Visitor message as they call it...
    I refuse to be a victim, and to to protect my loved ones.. That is why I carry..

Hmmm..... I guess that would work, depending on what "out of sight" means. That kind of looks "in sight" to me from most of the angles you photographed it from.

It is out of sight

it wouldn't be a useful picture if you didn't see the gun in it. However, sitting in the drivers seat you can see a smidge of the slide. Standing outside the door as a LEO would....no way. When you open to door to get in you cannot see it unless you bend down and look deliberately. Maybe a little person would have line-of-sight...

My truck

Quote Originally Posted by captsam54 View Post
    Sent you a PM... or Visitor message as they call it...
    The Yukon is a 2006 Denali XL.

Another option is here:
    Console Vault™ - GMC Yukon XL Denali Floor Console 2003-2006

Tho this is more for security not accessibility.

My option is a nice place to hold it while on the road. Before slipping it back into the IWB when I get out. Cannot access it when sitting on it.

I made a Kydex console holster for my 1911. It's where I need it if I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpxr400 View Post
    I made a Kydex console holster for my 1911. It's where I need it if I need it.
    Nice setup.

I did something similar for my S&W 60 in the console to my truck, using an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster. Mine is screwed into place but I have considered replacing it with a more generic holster (like an Uncle Mike's Pocket holster) that will hold either the 60 or my Kahr PM9.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I did something similar for my S&W 60 in the console to my truck, using an Uncle Mike's Kydex holster. Mine is screwed into place but I have considered replacing it with a more generic holster (like an Uncle Mike's Pocket holster) that will hold either the 60 or my Kahr PM9.
    Can you post a pic?

Like the setup, similar to one I had in my old truck considering doing the same again, and your photo reminded me to get to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast