MO to KS w/o CCW

Thread: MO to KS w/o CCW

MO to KS w/o CCW

I live near KC and while my CCW is pending, (waiting on Sheriff's approval) I need to know what the KS law is for carrying a handgun in the vehicle. I know with the carry permit, it has to be within reach of the driver. But I cant find any info on legality if you dont have your ccw yet. Reason for my question is that I work in KS about 75% of the time.

Thanks, Eric

Here's a link to the Attorney General's website. I couldn't find anything about vehicular transport, but you could email and ask. Somebody there should be able to point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

Concealed Carry - Kansas Attorney General

Look in the CP laws for KS, i'm fairly sure can't without a permit. If you get caught you won't get the permit for sure and end up in jail. Lock in the trunk to be safe and not endanger you getting your permit.

Do not carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle when crossing over into KS from MO before you have your permit. You will be looking at about 2 years in the State Penitentiary if you get caught. MO Castle Doctrine does not cross state lines. Be safe, good luck and hope your permit arrives soon.

Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll just be patient. Better safe than sorry.

OpenCarry.org - State Information For Kansas

Firearms may be openly carried in cars without any license except where localities have made open carry illegal; however, concealed handgun permits accepted by KS make the holder exempt from all local open carry bans.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.