Guns & Drugs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns & Drugs

Of course, stoners never see anything wrong with being stoned stupid, and armed!

-Doc

If people owned as many guns as they do Adult films and magazines we would have less laws for gun control. Also more money is spent there then anywhere else in America by it's citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Of course, stoners never see anything wrong with being stoned stupid, and armed!

-Doc
    Of course, gunowners never see anything wrong with being armed to the teeth, and watching adult films!

-G50AE

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Of course, gunowners never see anything wrong with being armed to the teeth, and watching adult films!

-G50AE
    We call them the Adult Educational Series at my fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62 View Post
    We call them the Adult Educational Series at my fortress.
    That's a very "tactical" name for them.

Stoners + Guns = TROUBLE!

-Doc

I actually have an interesting perspective on this.

My wife has a medical marijuana card as a cancer survivor with ongoing treatment, and I have a "caregiver card" that allows me to transport (and grow if I so desired) pot. I also do volunteer work for the Oregon Medical Marijuana Project delivering pot and baked goods to mostly elderly and housebound patients.

I carry under HR218 since I am retired from a federal law enforcement agency, plus I posess a CHL from the State of Oregon. I smoked some pot growing up in SoCal in the '60s and in college in the early '70s, but quit when I graduated and began my career in law enforcement. Since my wife became a medical user, I have been known to eat the occassional cookie or take a hit or two on an evening when sleep is difficult (recreational use and small amount possession is not treated as a criminal offense here). I carry pretty much all of the time and would most certainly not exempt those times when I might have marijuana in the car with a street value up in the cities of $10-$20K.

The vast majority of the medical marijuana users (or, for that matter, users in general) with whom I come into contact are not the brain-dead "stoners" that those with no real knowledge of what they speak would have you believe. Unfortunately, the ignorant usually have some need to try and convince others of their position with blanket statements that clearly demonstrate that ignorance to anyone with any real knowledge of the subject (one unnamed poster in this thread has a pretty extensive history of this).

To answer the OP...while there is no legal prohibition from being in a car where a card carrier is in possession while carrying, actual protection from unlawful acts by police in areas where there is little law enforcement acceptance of the state laws regarding MM is pretty much non-existent...since enforcement of your rights is the province of federal courts and the federal government is pretty much in the pockets of the pharmceutical companies who are determined that medical marijuana should not take the place of the dangerous and expensive drugs they push.

A lot will depend on the attitude of your local sheriff and municipal police agencies. We are fortunate here to have a sheriff who strongly supports the armed citizen and tales seriously his oath to enforce the lasw of Oregon. I advise you to determine local practice and make your decision accordingly.

Pax

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Unfortunately, the ignorant usually have some need to try and convince others of their position with blanket statements that clearly demonstrate that ignorance to anyone with any real knowledge of the subject (one unnamed poster in this thread has a pretty extensive history of this).
    You must be talking about Bighouse Doc. I guess he isn't unnamed anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12