Wyoming's new carry laws

Thread: Wyoming's new carry laws

Wyoming's new carry laws

Does anyone know if the ability to carry without a permit in Wyoming includes non-residents? I have been unable to find anything to confirm or deny this. My permit is Kansas issued and as such is not recognized.

3. The statute bestows this privilege only on WY residents. Non-residents must still carry openly or concealed with a recognized permit.

-Brandon

Here is the new law.

ACT 70

Page 2, paragraph (iv) states:

(iv) The person does not possess a permit issued
    under this section, but otherwise meets the requirements
    specified in paragraphs (b)(i) through (vi), (viii) and
    (ix) of this section and possession of the firearm by the
    person is not otherwise unlawful.
    Whereas (b)(i) states "Is a resident of the United States and has been a resident of Wyoming for not less than six (6) months prior to filing the application."

Quote Originally Posted by B-52 View Post
    Does anyone know if the ability to carry without a permit in Wyoming includes non-residents? I have been unable to find anything to confirm or deny this. My permit is Kansas issued and as such is not recognized.
    Techinally, in answer to the question you asked... Yes, the ability to carry a firearm in Wyoming includes non-residents. The ability to legally conceal that firearm without a recognized permit is extended only to Wyoming residents. In most states there is a big difference between carrying a firearm and concealing it.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.