Truckers with CCW - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Truckers with CCW

Quote Originally Posted by 72cinjin View Post
    Michigan, Texas, Kentucky, Oregon, Colorado and Ohio require that you notify, while Virginia, Arizona, New Hampshire and Wyoming do NOT require. Had I more time to look up the other 40 states, I'd complete the list, but I can't this evening. Thanks for pointing this out.
    You'd better look again, there is no requirement to inform in Colorado
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by 72cinjin View Post
    After researching this further, I see that only certain states carry a "required notification of CPL" law, so it is not "federal" after all. My apologies. My state, Michigan, is one of them, and a fellow in the Navy I met during an advanced class I was taking mentioned to me that it wasn't just Michigan, but a nationwide requirement. I shouldn't have assumed this to be fact until I had verified it. I am glad you mentioned something about it, though, because we're planning a cross-country trip in a few months, and I am going to contact every state we'll be passing through to find if theirs is a "require of notification" state or not. I'd feel like a real idiot just throwing that information at them when it isn't even required. Michigan, Texas, Kentucky, Oregon, Colorado and Ohio require that you notify, while Virginia, Arizona, New Hampshire and Wyoming do NOT require. Had I more time to look up the other 40 states, I'd complete the list, but I can't this evening. Thanks for pointing this out.

I've done the research previously as this come up frequently. AK, AR, LA, MI, NC, NE, OH, OK, SC, TX are the only 10 states that require notification.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    I've done the research previously as this come up frequently. AK, AR, LA, MI, NC, NE, OH, OK, SC, TX are the only 10 states that require notification.
    Worth noting that Ohio requires thet you inform verbally and imediately. And going by Ohio case law "imediately" means you better start yelling "Permit holder!Permit holder!Permit holder!" as soon as that cop gets w/in earshot.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

I know this will upset some folks, but here goes. I was a full-time RV'r for a little over 10 years. My wife and I traveled most all the US, and since our RV was our home, always had several fire arms in the RV in addition to what I was carrying. Most of this time, I did not have a CHL (I do now). I don't remember being stopped during this period, but I have been pulled over several times earlier in my life (was probably carrying then, too). I have never been asked to search my car, because there has never been a reason. I don't drink, don't do drugs, and I'm not an irresponsible citizen, so I don't worry about it. I carry everywhere that I think that I need to. I try to make sure that I obey all the laws, but I'm gonna carry regardless while traveling. The protection of my wife and I trumps it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsdeal View Post
    I try to make sure that I obey all the laws, but I'm gonna carry regardless while traveling. The protection of my wife and I trumps it all.
    IOW "I try to make sure I obey all the laws except the ones I choose not to." Kinda like a meth head

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Worth noting that Ohio requires thet you inform verbally and imediately. And going by Ohio case law "imediately" means you better start yelling "Permit holder!Permit holder!Permit holder!" as soon as that cop gets w/in earshot.
    Do you have to do jumping-jacks as well?

Stay out of New York State as well . Pending on your home State CCW it might cover you on several states.If not,I suggest getting your Florida, or Utah CCW License.

9. I carry in my boot, However I've been looking for the ultimate in conceal carry. Got any Ideas?

I have a .357 snub nose 6-shot that I wear in an ankle holster above my boot. I wear 9" 5.11 tac boots, and it's barely noticeable.

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foriegn enemy." -James Madison

11. Paranoia gone wild. In reading this all I see is a goverment not governing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast