Hr 822.. National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hr 822.. National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

Hr 822.. National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

A hearing was held last week to hear testimony on HR 822 which will allow you to carry your handgun in any state that allows conceal carry as long as you have a permit from your home state.The video link below is of the hearing held last week..It is a little long,but I had no trouble watching the entire 90 minutes..Very encouraging..

http://judiciary.edgeboss.net/wmedia...me09132011.wvx

HR 822 is in committee and needs our support..
    Contact your congressman and let them know how you feel..

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

We have an excellent chance of passing this important piece of legislation
    Always tell the Truth...it's easier to remember

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Thanks for the link...I'm new here.
    Always tell the Truth...it's easier to remember

HR822 is a great danger to the 2nd ammendment! What it's proponents hope for is well and good, but can you name anything that once the Feds get a piece of, they don't impose more Fed rules? The Fed have rules for traffic and driver licensing. If a state doesn't comply, it gets no Fed funds. Same with education, public services, etc etc. HR822 allows the "camel's nose under the tent." It won't be long if 822 becomes law(ten years at the most) that the Feds will control all ccw in the country. Mark my words!!

Does this bill do away with the federal school zone issue, think not, you can still be prosecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Does this bill do away with the federal school zone issue, think not, you can still be prosecuted.
    I wonder about that...does this paragraph do that?

`(b) A person carrying a concealed handgun under this section shall be permitted to carry a handgun subject to the same conditions or limitations that apply to residents of the State who have permits issued by the State or are otherwise lawfully allowed to do so by the State.
    isn't it a "condition" of having a permit to carry in the GFSZ?

Possibly, Ron Paul introduced a bill in July to do away with Gun Free School Zones, hopefully item b does protect concealed carry folks from different states still do not like feds involved in gun carry straight constitutional 2A carry. POS Obama most likely will not sign anyway.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I reiterate that 822 has the potential for destruction of the right to carry concealed because it forces Federal intervention to the CCW world. Can any of you identify a thing the Fed gets involved in that does not entail Fed control at varying levels? The level seems minor and unobtrusive at first, but eventually it imposes Fed requirements on it. Look at Fed education involvement that was initially only to be funding of schools. Now it is heavily involved in curriculum and testing requirements. Highways and traffic control are controlled by Fed withholing of funds to states that do not comply with Fed requirements. The list goes on and on. So eventually the Feds will be controlling CCW if the HR822 is passed. On the other hand, Obama would probably veto it even if it were to pass the Senate.

But the whole concept is fraut with danger.

10. JimPage, Thank you for the post. I will certainly reconsider my previous position for support. Some of the local permit requirements are absurd and the inability to travel unimpeded is leading me to support of this bill. Your point regarding the Feds is well taken.

I can appreciate that, but for those of us that live in "shall issue" states, it's bad news; If our states don't record/register/issue CCW's, there is no record to provide to authorities in other states...

Meaning, until this passes the senate, If I have my 9mm with me, and I and my Wife get accosted/attempted robbery at a rest stop along I-91 in Springfield or Holyoke, I'm the bad guy because I'm defending me and my own? And because states like Mass, Conn, and NY are so anally screwed up because of their restrictions on law abiding residents to own or carry a firearm at all...

I'm going to CT from VT, travelling thru MA with a firearm in my vehicle; I'm not stopping for anything, and I could care less about your Draconian gun laws. I would if I were a criminal but I'm not. So WTH is MA (and CT for that matter) such a stick up the A$$ when it comes to individual firearm owners rights as guaranteed by 2A?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast