Alabama Res. Only!!
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Alabama Res. Only!!

  1. #1

    Alabama Res. Only!!

    I plan on going to Colorado and was going to carry a few guns with me. I have a "State of Alabama Pistol License" and looking at the map that shows what states honor Al. permits, it shows that Colorado honors "Al. Res. Permits only". Is this different from the permit I have? Or am I good to go?

    Thanks,

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052

    Maybe

    If you are an Alabama resident with an Alabama carry permit, you are good to go.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dond View Post
    I plan on going to Colorado and was going to carry a few guns with me. I have a "State of Alabama Pistol License" and looking at the map that shows what states honor Al. permits, it shows that Colorado honors "Al. Res. Permits only". Is this different from the permit I have? Or am I good to go?

    Thanks,
    Basically what that means is if I, as a PA resident, had a AL permit, I could not carry in CO with it. You as a AL resident can.

  5. #4
    Thanks for your answers. The maps provided here also contained the answer I was seeking.

  6. You're good for CO, but be careful in KS and NM. If you have an AZ permit in addition, then you're really golden.

    Good luck and have a great time!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Basically what that means is if I, as a PA resident, had a AL permit, I could not carry in CO with it. You as a AL resident can.
    Theoretically, yes.

    BUT

    Alabama, to my knowledge, doesn't have a non-resident permit. As a PA resident, if you had a AL permit before you moved to PA, the moment you changed your address to a PA address, you stopped being an AL resident and that permit stopped being valid.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Theoretically, yes.

    BUT

    Alabama, to my knowledge, doesn't have a non-resident permit. As a PA resident, if you had a AL permit before you moved to PA, the moment you changed your address to a PA address, you stopped being an AL resident and that permit stopped being valid.
    I was being theoretical. ...used AL since that was the state of choice of the OP. ;-)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast