Fly,FL to CAL,drive back...

Thread: Fly,FL to CAL,drive back...

Question Fly,FL to CAL,drive back...

...gotta fly Florida to California,pick up family member,drive back to Florida.
    NO handgun,NO knife,NO weapon... ANY suggestions...?

Learn some kung-fu

4. Find a FFL in NV. Mail a gun to them from a FLA FFL. pick it up on your way past. Gun carry all the way home... Might cost you a few bucks but worth it.

Just flew out to CA to bring back my wife's car, flew out with gun, while in CA only loaded it in sons home, on way home removed ammunition and locked unloaded gun in Lockbox same as on flight and drove home to Texas, the moment I hit the Arizona Border pulled over and loaded and placed handgun in holster and drove home, have Texas CC license, AZ is open carry state as is NM but be aware of laws, stopped in AZ to visit friends in Sedona nice open carry city, no problem. Flying very easy, lock empty gun in lockbox in checked baggage, report to airline that you have a weapon to declare and I actually bypassed about a hundred folks waiting to board as TSA agent checking firearm was seperate area with no mob. Check with airline and have fun. PS: Save the money on shipping to FFL not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by muccione View Post
    Find a FFL in NV. Mail a gun to them from a FLA FFL. pick it up on your way past. Gun carry all the way home... Might cost you a few bucks but worth it.
    So let us analyze this a bit, just for giggles. An FFL in NV gets a handgun shipped to them. Either a California or a Florida resident walks into the Nevada FFL's shop and wants their gun. Since it is a violation of Federal law for the Nevada FFL to transfer the handgun to a resident of any state other than Nevada, exactly HOW is the California or Florida resident supposed to get their gun from the Nevada FFL without both parties committing Federal felonies? Now the Nevada FFL has a handgun and nobody he can legally transfer it to.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by canefan View Post
    ...gotta fly Florida to California,pick up family member,drive back to Florida.
    NO handgun,NO knife,NO weapon... ANY suggestions...?
    Take a gun with you.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    After you get your family member, scold them thoroughly for having been in CA in the first place. Scold, rinse, repeat.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Should have ask do you have a ccw in Fl if so check state that honor your permit.

why exactly can't you fly with handgun, knife, and pepper spray?

as long as all your weapons and the means you use to carry them meet the most restrictive requirements of the states you travel through, it should be possible.

I am back home,the trip went well(check in at the airport was simple),no problems to report,thank you for all of the replies.