how about the left coast?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how about the left coast?

how about the left coast?

While browsing the forums, I saw this "Traveling" site and began thunking. I am about ready tto get start doing some extensive traveling at six week intravals. I probably can't take my Kimber, my XD40, my Smith or my KelTek to San Jose, my first west coast stop. And I doubt, they'll let me carry a samauri sword around either.:bigsmile:
    So I'm thinking or taking my Gerber as back up and relying on my fists and wits. (Niether of which will get me very far).

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

later- Sam
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Stay home and play there

Stay home

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Stay home and play there

That would be my suggestion. Or pick your areas to travel where you can carry. There are so many states any more that will honor my CHL that I have decided to avoid the others and visit the 2nd amendment friendly states.:bigsmile:
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What method of travel are you using? If you're driving, it shouldn't be too much trouble. Just don't take magazines that hold more than 10 rounds into the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. Also, carry the firearm unloaded and locked in the trunk and the ammo elsewhere. The other states out here are much better.

Yeah, well unfortunately, my job requires me to fly out there for about six weeks.
    Guess I'll just have to stay away from anywhere, where I might be in need of protection.
    I'm sure that if I tell BG's that I have my CHL, but just not my weapon, they'll leave me alone.
    later - Sam
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

7. You might want to check to see if they have any reciprocity agreements with other states. I doubt it though. You can check your handgun through at the airport there is a proceedure for that unloaded, locked and sealed in a hard case etc. However you would not be able to carry it in CA. CA is a may issue state with each county coming up with it's own criteria for issueing permits which complicates things.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

CA does not honor any other states CCW permits.

You can not bring any large capacity (greater than 10 rounds) magazines into CA. It's a felony if you do.

To legally transport the handgun, it must be unloaded and in a locked container.

You can legally have a loaded handgun in your hotel room.

As a non-resident of CA, carrying a concealed handgun is a felony.

What kind of knife do you intend on carrying?
    There are some CA laws effecting knives which all result in felonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    What kind of knife do you intend on carrying?
    There are some CA laws effecting knives which all result in felonies.
    I normally carry a Gerber assist-to-open with a 3 1/2" blade. I would hope I wouldn't have any probs with it

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    Stay home and play there
    For all we know, the poor guy (emphasis on the poor) could be visiting family. My suggestion is, if you must visit the godforsaken people's republic of California, then just try to make your visit as short as possible and bring plenty of pepper spray. Oregon isn't too bad, and as long as you steer clear of Portland, you can open carry while on foot. Finally, as for Washington, it has reciprocity with FL, (and UT too, I believe, check the map) so if you can get a FL nonresident permit before you leave, then get it.

I lived in California for 48 years and never carried nor had the need to ever use a SD gun. I can do so now in the PNW but I traveled and worked in some of the worst parts of LA down there and it's really not as bad as people like to make out on a CCW forum. You'll have no problems I'm thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast