Travel to Military Bases - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel to Military Bases

1. Military installations are federal property. As such you are not permitted to carry a loaded firearm (concealed or open). Each service has it's own rules beyond that. Air Force you must transport your UNLOADED firearm directly to the Security Forces armory for storage unless you live on base. As far as the penalty for violating this... At Minot AFB you (as a civilian and not subject to the UCMJ) will be detained, interviewed and turned over to the Sheriffs Office for processing. And I'm not just spouting some BS. I'm an USAF cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Thatís actually the minimum Army wide standard , individual base commanders can be stricter but not less strict.
    Yes, but what about Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marines? All I'm saying is that the base regulations apply to all on the base, but they don't make your wife read them before she goes to the Commissary. Contractors probably brief their people, but not necessarily. There are few Coast Guard bases, so we frequent other services bases for shopping, medical etc. All the rules are similar, but not exactly the same.
    -
    Also, as he mentioned, many bases have rent-a-cops at the gates now. I don't know how familiar you are with some of these security ninja's, but they are definitely not the same as dealing with the military.

4. From what I understand the Air Force is getting rid of rent-a-cops. I know Minot AFB has gone all military... And if one of my subordinates act like the gate guards from the stories above I'll ensure they aren't in my Air Force for long. As far as other bases word has it they are slowly following suit or going to Dept of the Air Force (DAF) cops. I've never worked with DAF so I won't comment if their any better than rent-a-cops or not.

Most installations are going back to military gate guards as the tempo of operations decreases in Afghanistan
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Most installations are going back to military gate guards as the tempo of operations decreases in Afghanistan
    That's a generalization. How many Navy guys you see there in the sand box? They might have ships deployed in the vicinity, but they are ships that would be deployed somewhere anyway. They have no big influx of people rotating back that need a job. Most Coast Guard over there are reserves who will come back and go home to their regular jobs. Air Force I'm not sure of, but I'm betting they are at bases close to but not actually in the country.

7. Why chance it just buy a lock gun box and lock it with a cable or chain lock it to something in the hotel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12