traveling out of country - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: traveling out of country

I wouldn't risk it. Not worth the trouble. Might take a cogressional delegation to get you back to the states. Do you want to be the "international crisis" that Obama has to deal with????

I'd recommend carrying "multi-purpose" items. You know, stuff that's pretty innocent until employed in a self defense situation. A good example would be a heavy hard cover book. Striking a perp in the right location will be a good way to dissuade an attack.

Be creative. There's a lot of stuff you can pack that's legal and will help you get out of any mess you might find yourself in. Another option would be to find stuff to do around the populated areas. The hotel conceirge should be able to help you find activities. If I were there on my honeymoon, I doubt I'd be venturing very far from the hotel, but that's just me.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

3. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I wouldn't risk it. Not worth the trouble. Might take a cogressional delegation to get you back to the states. Do you want to be the "international crisis" that Obama has to deal with????

I'd recommend carrying "multi-purpose" items. You know, stuff that's pretty innocent until employed in a self defense situation. A good example would be a heavy hard cover book. Striking a perp in the right location will be a good way to dissuade an attack.

Be creative. There's a lot of stuff you can pack that's legal and will help you get out of any mess you might find yourself in. Another option would be to find stuff to do around the populated areas. The hotel conceirge should be able to help you find activities. If I were there on my honeymoon, I doubt I'd be venturing very far from the hotel, but that's just me.

gf
    It really is easy to get permission to carry at alot of the islands out there. They want your money as tourism. Not saying they all will, but I do know a few people who have licenses at a few of the island countries.

Hell, bring some good mace.

Quote Originally Posted by ryancasper2004 View Post
    The thing is, I am renting a jeep when I get there and my fiance and I are just going to go explore the island ourselves. However, I have read a few sites where some people had some problems with the locals. One honeymoon couple was venturing on there own and some locals robbed them at gun point and rapped the woman right in front of here husband. Thats not gonna fly with me

If you're that concerned about your safety, don't go.

St Lucia

St. Lucia is dirt floor poor, but most of the people are super nice. The road system is really non-existant. Alot of one lane dirt roads. Spent my honeymoon at the Jalousie Hilton on the south end of the island in the middle of jungle nowhere. Hope you like eating bananas and plantains.

If you are out exploring, just remember you are driving a 3500# bullet. Anybody want to work up the energy figures?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12